Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked what I heard from the quick few listens I gave it on YouTube.

Nice to hear music by people who can play and compose and don't roll out the same old same old. Guess them and Root are similar like that.

Nice to hear music by people who can play and compose and don't roll out the same old same old. Guess them and Root are similar like that.

Actually wasn't that sold on it the first time. A couple more goes and I changed my mind. It's a bit different to what I usually think of from them so it's just getting those parts to grow on me. Doesn't help that not long ago I saw a live video of them on YouTube and old mate was wearing a silk or satin shirt and a fedora haha.

Just got back from Sabbat. 4 Australian acts, 1 NZ act and 2 Japanese acts with a 7pm start - knew it was gonna end in tears. Sabbat were meant to play from 11pm and finish at 12am. They hit the stage a bit past midnight and had the plug pulled on them circa 12.50am. Guess we can come back next week and see Sabbat like we can with the local acts......other than that criticism, it was good. Highlights were Mion's Hill and Samurai Zombies. Given the amount of material they have, I am unsure why Sabbat weren't given a 90min set - I heard the Saturday night show finished at 2am so maybe they played longer. Just a pity the band everyone came to see got cut short. The Metalucifer set was short, though good. Also thought Ignivominous and Cemetery Urn were good. Missed opener, Bullet Belt from NZ were by the numbers thrash and Persecution got on my nerves by virtue of starting when Sabbat were meant to be (I know that's not rational, but that's how I felt haha). My friend had to leave three songs into Sabbat due to Monday being a workday (yep, back on that point).

Anyone grabbed the new At the Gates album yet? Was belting out Painkiller before and switched over to AtG and my god the mix is horrible (compared to the metallic perfection of Painkiller). That aside....album sounded ok on first listen.

Anyone grabbed the new At the Gates album yet? Was belting out Painkiller before and switched over to AtG and my god the mix is horrible (compared to the metallic perfection of Painkiller). That aside....album sounded ok on first listen.

Not really a fan but have picked it up. Not sure what to think off the two listens I have given it yet.

If you (we) had a $ for every time this happened how rich would you be?

Yes - maybe I'd have an S class instead of a little hatch. Listened again this morning during the drive in. Find the songs seem to blend into each other with little differentiation. The production seems deliberately dull (i.e. trying to go for a "darker" atmosphere) and it probably hasn't worked out the way they hoped. Think I'll stick with the new Riot ahead of it......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you (we) had a $ for every time this happened how rich would you be?

I think it's more a question of how rich would you guys be if you didn't buy s**t you don't really care for.

Yes - maybe I'd have an S class instead of a little hatch. Listened again this morning during the drive in. Find the songs seem to blend into each other with little differentiation. The production seems deliberately dull (i.e. trying to go for a "darker" atmosphere) and it probably hasn't worked out the way they hoped. Think I'll stick with the new Riot ahead of it......

Just picked it up (AtG). I think it’s the bass that’s the issue - it just seems to smother everything. Drums sound good, vocals good. It’s a weird album.

Also grabbed Coma of Souls re-issue. Fair album that.

....or if my wife didn’t buy multiple versions of the same bag or shoes she never wears.

Sounds familiar. Usually replies with something silly like why do I buy the same guitar, headphones or computer parts. Please.

I swear she always buys the same type of black boot. At least my guitars are different colours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back