List Mgmt. Will the Hawks end up landing a big fish? Trade and FA news discussion of Hawthorn targets

Who should Hawks make a play for?

• Lynch

• McGovern

• Cogs

• We don't need any of these players

• Gaff

• Another player not mentioned above (specify in comments)

• B.Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GC can outbid any club, and force a trade........

So a club might have to pay both through the cheque book and through picks/players...If so, i think Lynch is of more value to a team that is in the premiership window.

If, alternately, he comes as a pure uncontested FA, then he might suit a club just off the pace like Hawthorn.
Gc won’t match. They stand to get a top 3 pick for lynch in a super draft and the afl will probably give them another first round pick. They won’t get better than that in a trade.

Gc won’t match. They stand to get a top 3 pick for lynch in a super draft and the afl will probably give them another first round pick. They won’t get better than that in a trade.

I thought the best they can get is end of first round?

Based on your scenario.... i would still prefer to take a Gunston and a Burgoyne from other clubs and build around them, than pay a super contract for one player.

I totally agree with you on both posts, I cannot understand what the other guy is about. I have tried to say similar in the past. He does not get that if you improve bottom 6 players is much better option than paying heaps, lengthy contract for one player and chances are you will be in premiership contention more than spend all your money on one. We have already experienced where we were over reliant on Buddy, yet leaked goals badly. As you said it is much better to find good value for money players like Gunston.

Yeah, you and Brishawk are right... the GC could get a first rounder for Lynch. And thus they probably won't trade for better.

I expect Gil to give them far more than that. If Lynch goes, they will probably get a pick after their first and at least, another at the end of the first round.

I can certainly see Marc Murphy as gettable. What’s his body like? Often injured right?

I don’t think he’d cost the world. Bloke just wants to play in some wins and have a chance at a flag, which he won’t get at Carlton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will be amazed if we are not targeting a well established mid 22-26 years old.

Expect that to be our priority.

Also, Shaun Atley would be a nice addition to our running stocks as a FA.

Agree on the first point.

Atley butchers the footy though. Wouldn't want him. Much prefer Lloyd

GC can outbid any club, and force a trade........

So a club might have to pay both through the cheque book and through picks/players...If so, i think Lynch is of more value to a team that is in the premiership window.

If, alternately, he comes as a pure uncontested FA, then he might suit a club just off the pace like Hawthorn.

NO chance Gold Coast will match.

Compensation will be a top 5 pick. If the ladder stays the same they would have picks 4 and 5 in a stacked draft.

The AFL may even consider a priority pick at the end of the first round also.

Agree on the first point.

Atley butchers the footy though. Wouldn't want him. Much prefer Lloyd
Atley and Isaac Smith have an identical disposal efficiency.

Atley is also FA. Lloyd is not.

Last edited:

Compensation will be a top 5 pick. If the ladder stays the same they would have picks 4 and 5 in a stacked draft.

Haven't we been here before with GCS. Didn't work the first time, don't know why they're still flogging a dead horse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atley and Isaac Smith have an identical disposal efficiency.

Atley is also FA. Lloyd is not.

I'd rather not go for Lloyd because lesser players from teams like Sydney, Richmond (at the moment) and Geelong thrive because of the system. Lloyd isn't the type of player you take out of the Sydney system who will thrive.

Um not sure if it’s known but arr he was apparently a Hawthorn supporter when arr he was growing up
He has spoken glowingly about the Hawks, around two years ago. Basically saying that the GWS have to get to that level of awesomeness. Not sure why the young man is waiting for that at another club when he can just come and join the Real Thing??

I can certainly see Marc Murphy as gettable. What’s his body like? Often injured right?

I don’t think he’d cost the world. Bloke just wants to play in some wins and have a chance at a flag, which he won’t get at Carlton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am not sure we needing topping up just yet. Would rather go for players with a few more years in them.

I look forward to poaching at least one of those guys in 3 years time!

The drop in ability from Frawley to Brand means we really do need a big bodied CHB/FB. I think having Ceglar play out of FF with pinch hitting in the Ruck gives us more forward options than we have defensive options.

Fair point. Was hoping Nash would pass Brand sometime soon, but he's playing as a wingman at BHH, so maybe not destined to be a key defender.

From Day 1 of starting this thread I didn't believe Lynch was worth the hype, 14 weeks later and nothing has changed.

It's crazy if he commands $1.3+ a season - and it would be very un-Hawthorn like if we went for that.

Our premiership success wasn't built on 'marquee players' it was built on recruiting specific players to fill a specific role and I expect this to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back