Game Day The Essendon BigFooty GameDay Thread Suggest-o-rama II: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello fellow Bomber fans. It's that time of year again.

Test cricket is done for the year.
The Australian Open has been run and won.
The Superbowl is over.
As March approaches, only one thing is on our minds.

Jane Bunn.

Following that, footy.

As you're all aware by now, I spend a hideously long time each week putting together a thread for you all to get in the mood for the game, and I'm always looking for suggestions on how to make the threads better.

Last year, we introduced guest pieces to great success, and I would love to have them back this year. Once again, let me know if you want to feature!

I'll be removing the odds for the match because no one cares, but I'm looking for things to add. After requests, I'm happy to up the humor content, but I need more suggestions.

Anything you want to see in the threads, please let me know. It's nearly footy time!!

- VS

I'd like to see more time dedicated to Jane Bunn. Furthermore I'd also like to see more time devoted to weather.

If these can somehow be integrated (I'm totally unsure as to how that would be possible???) not only will I get a greater enjoyment from reading the gameday thread but I'd also get a greater enjoyment from reading the gameday thread.

Thank you for your time.

Possibly controversial, but maybe an opposition poster's view on the game? Doesn't need to be much, just a couple of paragraphs explaining what they think is important for the game?

Love the weekly guest rants :thumbsu:

Have Jordan Silk's head as the giraffe at random points in the season (or anybody else with an unreasonably long neck)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was recently in Canada where I watched a lot of ice hockey and get interested in the goal songs, part of which is played after the goal horn when the home team scores a goal. See here: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ranking-the-top-goal-songs-in-the-nhl/ and here: https://www.kerrang.com/features/the-10-heaviest-goal-songs-in-the-nhl/

My top 3 are: Joe Satriani's Crowd Chant, Chelsea Dagger (the Fratellis) and Battlecry (Jack White).

Wondering if a Big Footy Essendon goal song(s) could somehow be worked into each GameDay thread - say a different song nominated for each match?

Jayne Bunn is overrated and not a patch on Livinia

Opposite enough?

Your words will disappear.

Your house will disappear.

Your name will disappear.

All memory of you will disappear.

Bumping thread, time to get some nominations running for the guest rants each week.

Collingwood and Sydney have already been taken, so please let me know what game you want to rant in!

Round 1 v GWS : TBC
Round 2 v STK: TBC
Round 3 v MELB: TBC
Round 4 v BRIS: TBC
Round 5 v NTH: TBC
Round 6 v COLL: Stopher
Round 7 v GEEL: TBC
Round 8 v SYD: D_P_S
Round 9 v FREO: TBC
Round 10 v RICH: TBC
Round 11 v CARL: TBC
Round 12: BYE jmoo wan
Round 13 v HAW: eth-dog
Round 14 v WCE: TBC
Round 15 v GWS 2: TBC
Round 16 v SYD 2: TBC
Round 17 v NTH 2: TBC
Round 18 v ADEL: TBC
Round 19 v GCS: TBC
Round 20 v PORT: TBC
Round 21 v WBD: TBC
Round 22 v FREO 2: TBC
Round 23 v COLL 2: TBC

I'll keep this post up to date and send you a reminder the week of your rant so that you have time to mock one up!

Last edited:
Bumping thread, time to get some nominations running for the guest rants each week.

Collingwood and Sydney have already been taken, so please let me know what game you want to rant in!

Round 1 v GWS : TBC
Round 2 v STK: TBC
Round 3 v MELB: TBC
Round 4 v BRIS: TBC
Round 5 v NTH: TBC
Round 6 v COLL: Stopher
Round 7 v GEEL: TBC
Round 8 v SYD: D_P_S
Round 9 v FREO: TBC
Round 10 v RICH: TBC
Round 11 v CARL: TBC
Round 12: BYE
Round 13 v HAW: eth-dog
Round 14 v WCE: TBC
Round 15 v GWS 2: TBC
Round 16 v SYD 2: TBC
Round 17 v NTH 2: TBC
Round 18 v ADEL: TBC
Round 19 v GCS: TBC
Round 20 v PORT: TBC
Round 21 v WBD: TBC
Round 22 v FREO 2: TBC
Round 23 v COLL 2: TBC

I'll keep this post up to date and send you a reminder the week of your rant so that you have time to mock one up!
I'll do the bye! I ******* hate the bye!

Jade , you want Round 5 against... Them?

Nah... I’m spending less and less time on BF, it’ll inevitably be a pain in the arse for me to do when it comes up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back