Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow.

It's not what I would've done but glory be me this thread is hard work, I literally feel exhausted from reading all the hysteria.

Has anyone even had the decency to congratulate the new leaders of our club? This isn't their fault, they deserve a bit of support.

No use crying over spilt milk, it's done now. Let's now focus on what's really important, and that's winning games of footy.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

We should not let the playing group off the hook on this one as they are part of the problem. Either of the two could have declined the nomination but, as was their perogative, they chose not to therefore as I see it they are complicit. The Port Adelaide Football Club has always been run by it's Board of Directors but now days it appears to be the players who are calling the shots and the Board that is ratifying the decisions of the playing group. If that is the case the players have to wear the consequences of a disgruntled membership.

In any case Keith Thomas and David Koch have both congratulated Wines and Jonas on their appointment. I choose to leave the patronising backslapping to the the experts.

I realise that this is not a very gracious post but it is the way I feel. I am not hysterical but I am extremely disappointed.

Look good on Ollie and Tom but that's not the issue, these things that make us different and successful over the years and keep our supporter base glued together, are One captain, the number 1 jumper has a significance to all of us.

As for winning more game with 2 captains, what a load of crap. It just spells out that we have a lack of leadership and not one man is capable of filling the role.

What will make us win more games is a structured team that can also attack and score not just defend and that abomination of a season we all had to endure sits firmly on the shoulders of Ken Hinkley, take responsibility for once Ken.

The club is getting pounded over this. They are actively contacting social media pages to push positivity.

I don't think I like that at all.

Where did this happen?

So, basically:

57upIJ0.jpg
m8 you really are an artist.
The more you look the more you see.
Superb

Thinking about our club of late and what frustrates me the most, is the Ken and Kieth can come into our club and think they know what is best for the PAFC and take control, thinking their ways are better than what has made this club what it was for many years.

Last edited:
According to President David Koch, the decision happened because at the completion of a bracket-system, Jonas and Wines could not beat each other in Paper Rock Scissors for the time constraint allocated. Co-captains was therefore seen as the most beneficial result considering the AFL moving away from the traditional coin toss.
“If the AFL can break tradition, then dammit, so can we”, Koch said.

- Lee Gaskin

lol, as if supporters are "losing their minds" just over the co-captaincy. Yeah, in isolation, our reaction looks mental.

But it's just the breaking point for most*, the culmination in a conga-line of clusterf@%kery going back five years now.

And the mealy-mouthed, wishy-washy corporate spin the club keeps putting out only inflames this raging shitshow.

They're fakin 'n' perpetratin and we all know what time it is.

For a professional bullshiter, Kochie can't bullshit for s**t.

Just gotta keep reminding myself the club will be here long after these campaigners have done trashing the joint, but fmd, they make it hard.

I'm trying Ringo. I'm trying real hard...

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 11.03.30 am.png
*FWIW, the Liverpool video was it for me coz I will die on this plagiarism hill every single time, you're goddamn right I will, idgaf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to KT on 5AA, it seems like they may have been worried about Ollie's ability to connect/be respected as a leader by the older guys and/or TJ's ability to connect with the younger guys as a leader. I think one or both of these are the driving force behind the decision.

We should not let the playing group off the hook on this one as they are part of the problem. Either of the two could have declined the nomination but, as was their perogative, they chose not to therefore as I see it they are complicit. The Port Adelaide Football Club has always been run by it's Board of Directors but now days it appears to be the players who are calling the shots and the Board that is ratifying the decisions of the playing group. If that is the case the players have to wear the consequences of a disgruntled membership.

In any case Keith Thomas and David Koch have both congratulated Wines and Jonas on their appointment. I choose to leave the patronising backslapping to the the experts.

I realise that this is not a very gracious post but it is the way I feel. I am not hysterical but I am extremely disappointed.
This defence of Tommy n Ollie as great blokes is imo a nasty distraction. Who has said they're not.
Your point that the playing group are complicit in this is imo probably only 1/2 right.
Have I read on here recently from a poster who has a feel for the club that this idea was at the urgings of KH.
Apologies to Doc if not true but if so he needs to come out and OWN this cluster****.
We've heard bugger all from him for nearly all of the off season and now maybe we know why.
He's an accident waiting to happen.

lol, as if supporters are "losing their minds" just over the co-captaincy. Yeah, in isolation, our reaction looks mental.

But it's just the breaking point for most*, the culmination in a conga-line of clusterf@%kery going back five years now.

And the mealy-mouthed, wishy-washy corporate spin the club keeps putting out only inflames this raging shitshow.

They're fakin 'n' perpetratin and we all know what time it is.

For a professional bullshiter, Kochie can't bullshit for s**t.

Just gotta keep reminding myself the club will be here long after these campaigners have done trashing the joint, but fmd, they make it hard.

I'm trying Ringo. I'm trying real hard...

View attachment 623607
*FWIW, the Liverpool video was it for me coz I will die on this plagiarism hill every single time, you're goddamn right I will, idgaf.
This should be required reading for anyone who's about to post "co-captains are not the end of the world, get over it" sentiments.

I am not against change. When successful clubs introduce new technologies, new systems and new process it continues a culture thriving on excellence.

I don't believe we are in a successful period and the changes are more like throwing darts blindfolded than driven by a thirst for excellence.

I have not seen one coherent justification for change - you change to improve, not to stay the same at best.

I am yet to see this club present anything recently that resembles 'change for the better' rather than 'change for the appearance of doing something' since China (and that is on life support).

Like all others on here I still wish Ollie, TJ and Hammer the best and thank Trav for all he did. I can do that and still be a bit miffed.

Is this the one that has been out for a while? Or have they made another one in the same ilk?

Nah, just magpiespower unfortunately jogging my memory further on how fabricated this club is now.

Pretty tempted to buy a new guernsey and have the number 1 on the back just for the cheap laughs

Back