Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Pick #48 (2023) - Tom Anastasopoulos

Remove this Banner Ad

The passage of play at 0:46 to 1:02 is what would have given our recruiters a boner. Generates a turnover with a tackle inside defensive 50, then is on his bike to assist and be ready to deliver inside 50.

@2:04 - that would have been holding the ball in the AFL. It should have been holding the ball here because it's incorrect disposal.

@2:07 - don't mind a forward leaving his man like that if he's gonna create a play where the ball gets turned over.

I can see why we traded up to get him. Won't be surprised if he gets a game ahead of McEntee.

With the nickname chat, his Christian name is a 50/50 chance at having ‘Taso’ (tah-so) as the shorter alternative.

The other is that his name is Thoma, in Greek you actually pronounce the ‘Th’ as you would in the word Three.
And Taso is short for Anastasios.

Imagine "Anastasios Anastasopoulos"......3 votes.

Seems a reasonable choice - looks to have good potential - looked stoked to join port on the news. Welcome to PAFC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the longer videos on the Port website, Anastasopolous comes hurtling out of nowhere like a white pointer to apply some ferocious tackles. Very impressive.

I have liked all of our picks.

In the highlights, Thomas seems to use his speed better defensively than offensively which is quite rare for AFL. His rundowns remind me a touch of Choppy.

Good kick for goal.

Smart footballer.

Likes to take some guys on.

All good.

There are places available early for small forwards if he gets going.

Nice around the goals and looks like he is really strong around the contest for a little fella. Got some wheels on him too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back