Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jordon Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why some were writing him off early, but I'm of the opinion there is not a lot of difference between him and Soldo for actual ruck craft, with my only real criticism being that he tends to tap the ball to his feet particularly at centre bounce downs, as opposed to Ivan hitting it to an open space or a free player, but that may have been the way he was coached at his previous club and it will take a bit of time to break that habit.
When you have clearance machines like Libba and Bont, it would be the way to go.

Great opportunity for him to get a solid crack at it over the next few weeks.

Tap work will only get better as it is hard to replicate the weighting of a tap at training compared to a game. Looked better as the game wore on.

Around ground seems pretty mobile and is big big bloke keen to impact the contest.

Our mids will soon tell him where they want the ball. That is why they need to have some time together. Big test again next week against the Crows. Will be a good yardstick.

I enjoyed his game last night.
6 tackles is awesome to see
Looking forward to seeing him grow into the position with our mids

Big strong body who can impact the contest ie tackle. Like a ruck that can direct the ball to his players position. Another significant piece of the quartet picked up by cripps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back