Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jordon Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

smart move. don't know what to expect from him next year but at least a serviceable stop gap is fine, especially with Dante having another preseason under his belt to push for games.

would be on a cheap contract, and cheap trade, allow us to spend big elsewhere for now.

also allows us to make a big play for harry Barnett next year to come here, who I really rate on his pre-draft form as a promising ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like this idea better than Grundy on the list for 4 years and a chunk of coin (though I wonder if we'll offer Sweet similar money given his age and how much of a need he fills).

Hoping we don't have to split a future first to get the 3 of them in, but we've been pretty shrewd with pick trades so should be fine

Edit: The Clurey suggestion is ******* great but surely very fanciful.

1694589148328.png

Ingle Farm is in the North East suburbs. I should know I live there :)

He is an inch taller and a kilo heavier than Lycett so is an immediate upgrade lol.

Very happy with this pickup. Go you local boy!

Jordon Sweet use to play with Rozee and was coached by Josh Carr.

He seems to be dominating VFL and I assume would be absolutely chomping at the bit to play AFL. He is currently behind the All Australian ruck and it is one of those situations where he is too good to be playing in the Magoos and he deserves a crack with another team.

Now VFL doesn't necessarily correlate to AFL but this is the stats of his last ten games of which two are finals.

Hitouts - average 45.6 per game. He is usually in the late 40s to early 50s. Does have games of 20 odd though. Haven't looked into why.
Possessions - 16.1 which is excellent.
Tackles - 5.1 per game
Has kicked 7 goals so might play a bit forward. Dunno. Maybe he's drifting down for a sausage roll.
Marks - 2.4 per game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back