Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Rookie Pick #13 (2023) - Xavier Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Good question, it was on ch9 news a night or 2 ago, I may have heard wrong, especially as no one else on here has mentioned it on bf.

One of them mentioned the straight sets exit in the 'what do you know about Port Adelaide', but that's fresh in the mind of all of us, so no surprise there.

The 2 players off the top of my memory that Port has recruited from East Perth are Steven Curtis and Sam Powell-Pepper. I'm sure there are two or three or four others but not too many from my memory.

If he joins them in the ability and delivery stakes, then we are going to be very happy with recruiting him.

The Fremantles, the 2 WAFL and 1 AFL clubs seem to be our main go to area, to recruit from WA.

From Rookie Me Central's 2023 AFL Draft Guide book. Reckon he and Ollie Lord are going to fight to replace Dixon over the long run, if he kicks on from just being a raw, with potential rookie.

1701167369286.png

A bit hard to read when you expand the graphic so here is the written profile part.

1701167513358.png

Lol at the work experience kiddies at AFL Media. They are bloody hopeless. Youtube full title

Xavier Walsh is so good at ground level | Rookie Draft, 2023 | Porr Adelaide​

"Western Australian key forward Xavier Walsh might be tall, but he's got some serious pace and skill when the ball is at ground level."

Seems an incredibly good kid when interviewed. Instantly likeable.

Also like the idea him as a defender. We've got quality forwards to last the next decade as it currently stands but we do not have a proven KPD with a physical presence. A couple of pre-seasons this kid is a beast I just see Steven May there.

He likes defence ******* play him there.

Lol at the work experience kiddies at AFL Media. They are bloody hopeless. Youtube full title

Xavier Walsh is so good at ground level | Rookie Draft, 2023 | Porr Adelaide​

"Western Australian key forward Xavier Walsh might be tall, but he's got some serious pace and skill when the ball is at ground level."

Those evasion skills for a kid of his size are sensational, if he can reproduce them playing against men with the Maggies, and after a season or so at sanfl level take them to the AFL he should develop into a very good player.

GAI-7szaIAAdKTV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent backlines squad - only looks to be missing a shut down player for the likes of Kozzie and Cameron.

Playing forward AND kicking goals? Not sure he's a good fit at the Kenny Hinkley Football Club.
It’s not like we had much forward last year with MG out for most of the year and Marshall banging his head on the ground.
Throw in one leg Charlie and it was pretty disappointing apart from Lord showing improvement.

He stood Dixon in the scratch match on Saturday at Southport. Did well and stood out both defensively in the drills and scratch match.
Any other notes on the scratch match? How did the new guys go? Any surprises from the fringe (H Jackson, Mead, McCallum, Sinn, etc...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back