Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jordon Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm most entertained watching Jordon trying to pick up a ball off the deck.

Apart from that he is a big strong presence at bounces and around the ground. Will be good to se him up against some genuine rucks.

I come in peace etc.

Just came in to see how he's going, as English is in terrible form and provides all the physical intimidation of one of my daughter's beanie boos.

Hope he gets a good run at it.

I come in peace etc.

Just came in to see how he's going, as English is in terrible form and provides all the physical intimidation of one of my daughter's beanie boos.

Hope he gets a good run at it.

We probably need to play him soon otherwise we will cook Soldo in the first halve of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot better than people give him credit for. Has been amongst our better players in the SANFL ( I know, only 2 games - bizarre ) albeit the number one ruck role.

Thought he competed really well with Rowan Marshall tonight. Not sure what the exact head-to-head was but I know that he was already winning the hitouts to advantage at half-time and finished with the game high hitouts by the end of the night.

ROB has been average this year but he always plays well in showdowns so a big task for Sweet in 6 days time.

Thought he competed really well with Rowan Marshall tonight. Not sure what the exact head-to-head was but I know that he was already winning the hitouts to advantage at half-time and finished with the game high hitouts by the end of the night.

ROB has been average this year but he always plays well in showdowns so a big task for Sweet in 6 days time.
I thought he did really well on his own. Certainly not disgraced against a top ruckman. BUT ... you could see there was no synergy or connection with the mids. Not his fault, they will need to build that over time.

But he competed well, won the hit outs, had equal disposals with Marshall, and had 6 tackles to Marshall's 1 ... A great result for our "second string" ruck. Clearly too good for the snafel, and was up to the task asked of him in the AFL. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I thought Sweet was competing well in the ruck before Marshall got injured, and then as should be expected given the circumstances was definitely the better 4 qtr player, and there is no doubt he is a big strong campaigner who is apparently the tallest player we have had in the history of the club.

Not sure why some were writing him off early, but I'm of the opinion there is not a lot of difference between him and Soldo for actual ruck craft, with my only real criticism being that he tends to tap the ball to his feet particularly at centre bounce downs, as opposed to Ivan hitting it to an open space or a free player, but that may have been the way he was coached at his previous club and it will take a bit of time to break that habit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back