Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jordon Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

zqOOsn6d.jpg%20+%20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweet on working with Matthew Lobbe
“He's been great so far, very welcoming, I can't speak more highly of him. He's been unreal. Matthew Lobbe is a very smart and intellectual person so if I can learn lots off him, that will be great.”

ml.jpg

I' not sure I understand this:
“I've been really impressed by Dante (Visentini) so far, he's a true professional. He competes really hard and it will be great to continue to work with him. And Ivan obviously he's a really good runner and he's a strong athlete and he's played a lot of AFL games already and won a premiership so he's had great experience in the AFL, so it will be good to bounce off him and learn from him. When push comes to shove during pre-season it's going to be good competition.”

“I've been really impressed by Dante (Visentini) so far, he's a true professional. He competes really hard and it will be great to continue to work with him. And Ivan obviously he's a really good runner and he's a strong athlete and he's played a lot of AFL games already and won a premiership so he's had great experience in the AFL, so it will be good to bounce off him and learn from him. When push comes to shove during pre-season it's going to be good competition.”
Sounds like stock praise your teammates at your new club stuff to me?

Dante is still only a 20yr old till February.

He's going to go past Sweet and Soldo fairly quickly on talent but I can see Port managing him for the time it takes him to mature ie. 21yr old Rucks don't carry AFL sides.

Sweet and Soldo need to make the most of their chances this year.

Dante is still only a 20yr old till February.

He's going to go past Sweet and Soldo fairly quickly on talent but I can see Port managing him for the time it takes him to mature ie. 21yr old Rucks don't carry AFL sides.

Sweet and Soldo need to make the most of their chances this year.

Not sure how reliable this is, but it seems we have only signed Soldo on for one year, while Sweet has been given three. BZT only one year too, apparently, and Esava five:

Not sure how reliable this is, but it seems we have only signed Soldo on for one year, while Sweet has been given three. BZT only one year too, apparently, and Esava five:

You're not actively targetting and trading in mid ager guys for second rounders and then giving them a 1 year contract, surely.

Yeah that can't be right. Soldo had 1 year left on his existing, we would've surely lured him with a 3-4 at least. BZT I could slightly understand, but doubt it.

The part I wasn't heaps keen on with Soldo and Sweet, was that I think one of them is enough and gives us a capable ruck, and enough breathing room for Visentini. Then you just need another free and capable backup and I thought Hayes was enough. That would've left us with some draft capital, and done the job. Maybe they're a bit shy of investing that much trust in Visentinis development after they banked on Hayes and it didn't pay off.

We are still a Ruck short for mine.

Chances on at least 2 of them carrying injurys at the same time during the season would be highly likely.

Next season we should add another kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back