• Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither deserve the right to wear it but both deserve the honour? What a mixed up post.

‘Honour’ referred to their present situation of being appointed co-captains, the clue was the new paragraph. Being appointed co-captain of the PAFC is an honour, but perhaps you disagree. The number 1 guernsey is reserved for the captain of the club, neither of those guys are that yet, so neither deserve to wear that number. It’s not a difficult concept to grasp.

And Ken, if you’re watching, I’ve heard your interview on SEN and I AM NOT LISTENING ANY MORE.

Begone. Go away. **** off. Your day is done and now it is just a matter of the damage you do on the way out.

PISS

OFF
LOL I've tuned him out when he speaks it lessens the anger, he's sorta like a babbling relative you all ignore around the table at xmas.

Port Adelaide CEO Keith Thomas says he told coach Ken Hinkley the club should not break with tradition and elect co-captains if it was a “50-50 call”.
KT has told the FIVEaa sports show:

“The final thing I said to Kenny was, mate, if this is a 50-50 call my sense of it is we shouldn’t do it because there is a significant impact, there’s going to be an impact on this and we value what our members think and feel about it.

“He came back and he said we hear that, we understand it, we respect it but emphatically for the football team right now, in this moment, this is clearly the best proposition for us.

“At that moment we backed it in and there was no doubt about it.”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What KT should have said to Ken is "mate, if this is a 50-50 call then I'll make the decision, and my decision is we're not doing co-captains. You have a choice of Ollie, Hamish and Tom. Pick one."

Ken hasn't earned the right to have his judgment respected, and should have been treated as such.

What KT should have said to Ken is "mate, if this is a 50-50 call then I'll make the decision, and my decision is we're not doing co-captains. You have a choice of Ollie, Hamish and Tom. Pick one."

Ken hasn't earned the right to have his judgment respected, and should have been treated as such.
So f ing true. Maybe he engaged his life coach, which is now 3 people, and they could not come to an agreement

LOL I've tuned him out when he speaks it lessens the anger, he's sorta like a babbling relative you all ignore around the table at xmas.
On another place here my normal, bantering “thing” is devastatingly calm, and rude, smarts.

I come to the Port board at the moment and I can’t help but be angry. I’m trying, I shall try harder.

Good luck to the boys, but I'm sure if Tom had been made the sole captain, and Ollie his deputy, the playing group would have been just fine.

I strongly doubt having co-captains will improve our performance in any discernible way.

It reminds me of the joke about the 2 snails..

Two snails were having a chat.
One snail said to the other, ‘I tried taking my shell off to see if it would make me go faster.’
The other snail asked, ‘Did it work? Can you go faster?’
To which the first snail replied, ‘Nah, I’m still a bit sluggish’.

Even if we do improve slightly, has it been worth all the pain and angst the club has put itself through?

Good luck to the boys, but I'm sure if Tom had been made the sole captain, and Ollie his deputy, the playing group would have been just fine.

I strongly doubt having co-captains will improve our performance in any discernible way.

It reminds me of the joke about the 2 snails..

Two snails were having a chat.
One snail said to the other, ‘I tried taking my shell off to see if it would make me go faster.’
The other snail asked, ‘Did it work? Can you go faster?’
To which the first snail replied, ‘Nah, I’m still a bit sluggish’.

Even if we do improve slightly, has it been worth all the pain and angst the club has put itself through?
I think that it is more likely that the reason for this is that Ollie was promised the captaincy and then ****ed himself up. It’s all lies from the club.

Ollie is missing a couple of weeks at the start of the season. Anyone who thinks that is the reason that has cost him the sole job as captain of the club is dillusional.

They always wanted the co captains model.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide CEO Keith Thomas says he told coach Ken Hinkley the club should not break with tradition and elect co-captains if it was a “50-50 call”.
KT has told the FIVEaa sports show:

“The final thing I said to Kenny was, mate, if this is a 50-50 call my sense of it is we shouldn’t do it because there is a significant impact, there’s going to be an impact on this and we value what our members think and feel about it.

“He came back and he said we hear that, we understand it, we respect it but emphatically for the football team right now, in this moment, this is clearly the best proposition for us.

“At that moment we backed it in and there was no doubt about it.”

Did they even think for one minute about the immense pressure they were going to put two newly minted captains under from day dot by dropping them into the midst of this clusterf**k? Just look at Ollie's and Jonas's faces during the presser having to justify themselves rather than celebrate and enjoy their appointments. I feel sorry for them to have to put up with this because Hinkley can't think one step ahead of his "vibe" and Thomas can't make a decision to save his life.

Did they even think for one minute about the immense pressure they were going to put two newly minted captains under from day dot by dropping them into the midst of this clusterf**k? Just look at Ollie's and Jonas's faces during the presser having to justify themselves rather than celebrate and enjoy their appointments. I feel sorry for them to have to put up with this because Hinkley can't think one step ahead of his "vibe" and Thomas can't make a decision to save his life.

Yeah but either one could have said no

Ok so I've seen the club video incl a snippet from the presser. Primus and Cassisi pop up to give their endorsement. The spin seems way over the top. They know they don't really know how this will pan out but are giving the big sell. I'm sure they've made the decision based on what they're working with but for Hinkley to flat out say this will give us the best chance of winning games is over the top bollocks. The good thing is they've now back themselves into a corner.
We had to past captains in the 'football committee' that helped make the decision.

I assume it was those two.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back