The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the spin on the ball and the close presence of Babel Allison didnt come rushing out which I am ok with. He could've collected the ball off VVD's header even if it was a little short.

Also it was a very unusual situation because of the high, spinning slice from Milner. Best thing to do IMO in those situations is to just launch the ball out of bounds. I doubt it will happen again.
If in doubt, kick it out.

Does anyone think we should go after a Mitrovic or Rondon type in the summer? Allows for something different off the bench and PL proven.
Nah. The big hulking forward type players dont work at big clubs. You need pace, guile and trickery. All the best goal scorers in the world are not big men. Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Aguero, Mbappe, Salah... even Kane isnt a typical target man.

A target man is for lower clubs who dont see much of the ball so roosting it long for your target man to hopefully hold up to get the rest of the team up the pitch.

We dont need a guy like that.

Alisson does not attack it with much vigour. My reading is Alisson had a brain fart and forgot he is allowed to use his hands when the ball is headed back to him.

I actually don’t think VVD did much wrong. Maybe didn’t hit the header with enough power but Alisson still should have owned it and wiped Babel out in the process.

100%

Couldn’t figure out why he didn’t go harder with his hands when Virg headed it

Milner tho FMD. He’s dead set cooked. No longer at the standard we need. Will be at LB against Porto tho sigh. Could be worse. Moreno lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think Milner is cooked by any stretch of the imagination. Sure he made a mistake there but he's actually had a really good season. Particularly early in the season when he was a big standout.

Not sure I agree mate. His passing has turned to garbage.

We all love the guy and will be first to put my hand up if he can find his form again but he has been in some concerning form of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think Milner is cooked by any stretch of the imagination. Sure he made a mistake there but he's actually had a really good season. Particularly early in the season when he was a big standout.

Even though he is the model pro age gets the best of everyone. I'm not sure of his contract situation but wouldn't be surprised to see him depart either way considering he will be turning 34 mid next season. There's a chance that all of our midfielders could possibly be fit in 2 weeks time making it even more difficult for him to get match time.

His championship winning experience will be invaluable in the run home. There is a reason why Klopp plays him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Fabinho in the Brazil squad? Deserves a start! On current form I'd take play him over Casemiro and Fernadinho.
Fabinho and Casemiro are in the squad, Fernandinho isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back