Discussion Round 6, 2019 - Photos and Discussion (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep its happening. They can wear one jumper and one jumper only with either black or white shorts.
If they get a jumper that is as black as it is white and doesn't clash with black teams or white teams, I really hope they still have to have something else for games against Geelong and North. Gonna be worse than it already is!

If they get a jumper that is as black as it is white and doesn't clash with black teams or white teams, I really hope they still have to have something else for games against Geelong and North. Gonna be worse than it already is!
Swooping magpie return?

When was the last time the umpires wore yellow?

Good Friday I believe, but I may be wrong

Since early-mid last year one match has been designated 'Match of the Round' and the umpires wear yellow rather than the green. I think it's a tie-in with Chemist Warehouse

Does anyone else get the vibe that Collingwood will be moving back to white based jumpers in the next 5 years?
I think we will be moving to make black kit for all home games, and clash kit for all away games. I don't believe we will phase out the black kit entirely but I wouldn't mind a 50/50 split between the kits. As much as I like our white base, I still have a quite a sentimental connection to the black base so I would hate to see it go entirely.

I think we will be moving to make black kit for all home games, and clash kit for all away games. I don't believe we will phase out the black kit entirely but I wouldn't mind a 50/50 split between the kits. As much as I like our white base, I still have a quite a sentimental connection to the black base so I would hate to see it go entirely.
And besides, the black base is needed for games against Geelong, and possibly North.

Does anyone else get the vibe that Collingwood will be moving back to white based jumpers in the next 5 years?
I've been saying this for ages but no one seems to angry when I post it.

All their one-offs are white based, they're more liberal to wearing their alternate (which is white).

Geelong being in navy shorts more is probably a sign there's a dialogue, or at least awareness, from the AFL about a white Pies jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually like the stripes on the bounding Roo sleeves, even though it does seem odd, if that makes sense. Mixing elements.

IIRC correctly though the original 90s version had solid blue sleeves on the longies. Although I can’t find anything through a lazy google search. Mero any idea?

I actually like the stripes on the bounding Roo sleeves, even though it does seem odd, if that makes sense. Mixing elements.

IIRC correctly though the original 90s version had solid blue sleeves on the longies. Although I can’t find anything through a lazy google search. Mero any idea?
Yeah, the original had solid blue, but I think that they would have had to add some extra white given it it meant to be a clash jumper and doing the hoops still keeps it looking 'classic north'.

Yeah, the original had solid blue, but I think that they would have had to add some extra white given it it meant to be a clash jumper and doing the hoops still keeps it looking 'classic north'.

I don't even know what "Classic North" means anymore. There is barely anything left of their identity. Even the black numbers have been gone for a couple of years.

Thank God.
Black's not a North colour so as soon as they could print the numbers not stitch them on they should have changed.
It was a historical North element, it had been around since 1933 (just checked) and broke up the blue and white really well in my opinion. Like Gibbsy mentioned earlier, this is just another small part of their identity they've lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back