Polls Thread Mk III

Remove this Banner Ad

Science tells us one thing. That Australia can reduce its carbon emissions to zero and it will have no statistical affect on global temperatures.

Yet here you are attempting to accuse others of being science deniers.
You’re a bit muddled. You’re using a scientific pretext (the indisputable fact of man-made climate change) to try to argue a political point.

Whether Australia cutting emissions will make a difference to climate change is not a science question. It’s a geopolitics question.

And the geopolitics of Australia’s best interests demand that we be seen to take action on climate change.

Not that hard to grasp, I would have thought.

Climate Change ranks number 4 of the highest 10 issues for ALL voters at this election

Climate Change is as mainstream as Health, The Economy and Education, yet still we have the Flat Earthers trying to deny it....they will get there collective arses kicked and then wonder why their arse hurts

Call me cynical, but people are more in favour in times of drought (even though there's more great beach days)

Climate Change ranks number 4 of the highest 10 issues for ALL voters at this election

Climate Change is as mainstream as Health, The Economy and Education, yet still we have the Flat Earthers trying to deny it....they will get there collective arses kicked and then wonder why their arse hurts

Sure. People have been brainwashed. People are stupid sheep. As stupid as seeing "World Peace" or "Global Arms Race" on that list. That is, has diddly squat to do with Australian politics.

Oh. Are we not actually taking "action on climate change" currently though?
No, not really. Labor will start to change that.

Still not nearly enough, of course, but then it's over to the likes of you to ask yourself why you have so resisted any action for so long.

Anyway, quite apart from how stupid an idea you may think it is for the economy which is the 13th largest out of 195 to do anything about climate change, the simple fact (which must really burn you) is that it's now undeniably a vote winner in Australia, as the polls show.

RW neanderthals have thrown everything they can at the topic with no greater goal than to derail and muddy, but people are now looking to someone who will finally tell those neanderthals to f*** off.

Get used to it. Yet again you're in the minority.

Last edited:
Totally. Everyone was clamouring for a carbon tax in 2013. Hehehe. :straining::poo:
A lot has changed in 6 years. Murdoch's rancid hold on the minds of much the populace has thankfully weakened considerably, people have looked on at the Trump train wreck in absolute horror and realised that's not that far from where Abbott wanted us to go...

But I didn't expect you to notice.

Thanks for the emojis, BTW. Good to know I'm conversing with a real grown up.

Emissions should not be a focus.
Environmental policy should be in our national interest.
Reducing plastic and waste.

Supermarkets and plastic bag tax has been a fantastic success. Simple and extremely effective and makes a real difference.

Good post offering sensible solutions :thumbsu:

Can you all please take your climate change crap to the relevant thread?

Sorry DR, more polls stuff please! Surely Libs cant be that close? Smells like Hawke / Fraser to me or am I wrong?

Sorry DR, more polls stuff please! Surely Libs cant be that close? Smells like Hawke / Fraser to me or am I wrong?

It is the polls thread Meds, not the ****ing climate change thread.

And you could be wrong.

For the young folk here, check out the 1980 Fraser vs Hayden election. I am getting a couple of echoes here, I don't think it is the bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is the polls thread Meds, not the ****ing climate change thread.

And you could be wrong.

For the young folk here, check out the 1980 Fraser vs Hayden election. I am getting a couple of echoes here, I don't think it is the bag.

So Pyne, Julie Bishop etc will regret their decision to bail then? LNP would have had a much better shot in this election with them on board

The government is in such a bad place we are desensitised as to how bad it has been. It has been remarkably bad.

Last edited:
So Pyne, Julie Bishop etc will regret their decision to bail then? LNP would have had a much better shot in this election with them on board

The government is in such a bad place we are desensitised as to how bad it has been. It has been remarkably bad.

Don't disagree, but I'm surprised how well ScoMo is campaigning. Libs seem to be always on the front foot. Their bullshit ads reminds me of a scare campaign that Fraser pulled against Hayden.

I genuinely have an odd feeling about this election. Either the ALP will s**t it in a la Victoria or Scomo could pull off a miracle.

A poll in Curtin (the seat Julie Bishop is vacating) has the new Liberal candidate -22 since 2016, with a new local Independent on 23. Wowsers.

As always, be very wary of seat by seat polls. Libs will win easily.

Yeah for sure, my point is more the drop in primary.

Yeah regardless of what people's opinions of Julie Bishop are, her personal popularity cannot be denied. Would have been responsible for making Curtin one of the safest seats in the country.

Just on betting odds if you look at Vic market , Labor on track to win 24 seats and LNP 14 seats that’s a wipe out in this state alone , so how on earth is this Entire election even considered close ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back