Corona virus, Port and the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has finally happened. The first positive tests for COVID-19 have been returned in one of the refugee detention camps in Greece. There are 3.5 million people in detention camps in Turkey alone many from Iran and Syria. If Covid-19 takes hold in one of these camps what are the chances of the Turks or Greeks diverting resources into these camps? More likely they will seal the camps off and let people die.

Another death at my hospital and 10 staff positive today, problem is nobody knows where it's started. I'm sure it will reach the media soon if it hasn't already. This s**t spreads like wildfire😕
Have you mentioned which hospital previously? Understand if you can’t.

As I'm seeing this now, anyone over 40 needs to have a good hard think about what they do that affects their immunity.

- If you don't get enough sleep - fix that
- If you smoke - stop - today
- If you drink - stop if possible but reduce to the absolute minimum
- If you have stress - work out what constructive ways work for you to minimise it

We have a couple of weeks, possibly months before this hits a peak here, do whatever you can to build up your immunological defences.
There's no excuses, most of us have enough time now to take steps that will improve ours and our families situation.

Be one of the people that doesn't need to be admitted to hospital.

As I'm seeing this now, anyone over 40 needs to have a good hard think about what they do that affects their immunity.

- If you have stress - work out what constructive ways, work for you to minimise it

We have a couple of weeks, possibly months before this hits a peak here, do whatever you can to build up your immunological defences.
There's no excuses, most of us have enough time now to take steps that will improve ours and our families situation.

Being under 40, I'll smash enough beers that the virus has no hope of surviving the alcohol content of my bloodstream

- If you have stress - work out what works for you to minimise it

Taking vitamins (and/or eating/drinking fresh fruit & veg) is another thing that is very easy, fast and relatively cheap to implement.

Taking vitamins (and/or eating/drinking fresh fruit & veg) is another thing that is very easy, fast and relatively cheap to implement.

I make sure I have at least one protein shake a day to manage vitamins (as well as the fruit and veg).
A big hint to anyone stressing about food, you can buy protein shakes online and they have long expiry dates, I'm keeping a months supply in the cupboard.

On the topic of Italy, yesterday marked:
1. Four straight days with >1000 recovered
2. A new high water mark in terms of the amount of testing they did (and a new low in positive results)
3. Five straight days with a less than 100 case increase in ICU, and a new low increase in hospital numbers.

This is what the hospital strain looks like under the two week sample:
View attachment 851474

Things turn very slowly. This is what the death count looks like for these full two weeks. Just a straight linear increase.

View attachment 851475
Yeah the deaths tend to lag about 2 weeks behind the cases. A good thing to remember here.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah the deaths tend to lag about 2 weeks behind the cases. A good thing to remember here.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
USA will overtake Italy for deaths in about a week I reckon. Just by sheer volume of cases and Italy is slowing down while the US keeps accelerating

- If you have stress - work out what constructive ways work for you to minimise it

Yep, anyone over 40 is doomed!

Being under 40, I'll smash enough beers that the virus has no hope of surviving the alcohol content of my bloodstream
Sorry to tell you but you need an alcohol content of between 60 and 80% to kill the virus so beer just doesn't cut it. I would suggest you try smashing OP rum instead. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prime Minister Scott Morrison says the 16,000 Australians who left the country after "do not travel" advice was issued are unlikely to "find themselves high on the list" to be returned. The Prime Minister told radio broadcaster Alan Jones this morning he was "bewildered and frustrated" when he read the figure, which was released by the Department of Home Affairs yesterday.

NSW <100 new cases for the first time since 22 March. 91 reported cases.

Victoria just under 50 with 49 new cases.

+1 in ICU across the two states.

Brett Sutton is Victoria's Chief Health Officer. He's an impressive speaker. A straight shooter who's butted heads with Australia's Chief Medical Officer in national hook-ups. He would like to see the federal government release its coronavirus modelling to the public and scientific community but that hasn't happened yet.

He said that a lot of the modelling done about a month ago was predicting gloomier outlooks than what we're seeing now. He sees that as a good sign - maybe we'll avoid the very big peaks predicted earlier. Still zero reason to take the foot off the brake.

How did the kid get it? Seems a key omission from that story?

If anyone should be angry at a body for lack of into it is the WHO. Once again showing how utterly worthless UN bodies are these days and especially the WHO now bought by China. Incompetent doesn't start to describe their performance during this.

I thought the World Health Organisation was owned by the Rockafella's?

Brett Sutton is Victoria's Chief Health Officer. He's an impressive speaker. A straight shooter who's butted heads with Australia's Chief Medical Officer in national hook-ups. He would like to see the federal government release its coronavirus modelling to the public and scientific community but that hasn't happened yet.

He said that a lot of the modelling done about a month ago was predicting gloomier outlooks than what we're seeing now. He sees that as a good sign - maybe we'll avoid the very big peaks predicted earlier. Still zero reason to take the foot off the brake.

Around 4 days ago Paul Kelly said the national modelling would be released. Then a couple of days later 'clarified' that statement to the modelling would be discussed with a view to greater transparency.

Must have been rapped over the knuckles by his political masters ;)

Around 4 days ago Paul Kelly said the national modelling would be released. Then a couple of days later 'clarified' that statement to the modelling would be discussed with a view to greater transparency.

Must have been rapped over the knuckles by his political masters ;)
I think Paul Kelly's statements have been 'clarified' more than once.

Berejiklian blaming the Feds and Princess Cruise Line for the Ruby Princess debacle. 'The best advice I have received is that our Authorities here in NSW followed all existing protocols'. Berejiklian went on to say 'I do not want to play a blame game', and that she has, 'asked the NSW Police Commissioner to investigate the matter.' The enquiry is to focus on the information provided to the Port Authority by the Captain and Operators of the Ruby Princess prior to docking.

So we are going to have the NSW authorities investigating themselves. Do I smell a cover up coming?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back