Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I’ve raised pick 1 is because I heard 2 weeks ago we were trying hard to get it. I dismissed it though as I couldn’t see how it could get done.

if we got 2 x 1st for Dunkley off the Bombers including their future first and assuming they are around the same level next year, would people do this deal with the Crows:

6, 6 (Bombers 2021 1st) and 12 for
1 & 20

if the Crows get pick 2 for Crouch compo and have someone different in mind to us for pick 1 I can see them going to it. if we negotiate well with them it could also mean Jamarra isn’t bid on until pick 3.

The reason I’ve raised pick 1 is because I heard 2 weeks ago we were trying hard to get it. I dismissed it though as I couldn’t see how it could get done.

if we got 2 x 1st for Dunkley off the Bombers including their future first and assuming they are around the same level next year, would people do this deal with the Crows:

1 & 20

if the Crows get pick 2 for Crouch compo and have someone different in mind to us for pick 1 I can see them going to it. if we negotiate well with them it could also mean Jamarra isn’t bid on until pick 3.

Except that's draft tampering. We cannot ask them to not bid on Jamarra.

1 & 20

Any idea who we are desperate to grab at Pick 1? We’d have to rate them extremely highly to orchestrate a way of getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Saad has committed to Carltank and Smith is a pea heart
Not sure why the interest in Saad

A -he is going to Carlton
B - we have shed loads of back flankers

Until Saad has signed with Carlton we should be in his ear and forcing him to think about us as an option. Our attack from half back has gone.

I'd rather JJ and Daniel out of defense and delivering the ball to our forwards on a consistent basis.
Saad can play their role. Adding him and Smith instantly makes us a very quick team and pushes players like R.Smith, Dale, suckling, Loyd etc down the list. The tigers have shown how important speed is.

Merrett is a sideways move, we don't need high draft picks and I don't know who Ridley is so I can't comment on him. Rather keep Dunks but if we don't have a choice Saad and Smith offer a need.

I don’t think landing a pick before a JUH bid is entirely out of the question.

I think we can get the crows not to bid using 12 and a future pick, and getting 2 seconds back (a points increase to help with JUH as well).

Essendon have 6. They’ll get another late first for saad. If we ended up with 6, and a late first, would that be enough for North to trade pick 2? Could throw in Lipinski or Richards if need be

We could take holland’s at 2, and use the seconds from Adelaide to match on Marra bid at 3.

So effectively:

12 for Marra and change
Dunkley for hollands

We land JUH, and better balance the list by moving an inside mid for elite, forward half class. We also free up more cap space.

Now, I’m all for us getting older, not younger, so, I’d only be keen on the following if we could use that cap space to bring in mature talent to help us win a flag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1 & 20

Is getting younger really the right strategy right now? Maybe whoever we are looking at for pick 1, would be ready to slot in round 1. Are there any elite prospects that could play round 1?

Is getting younger really the right strategy right now? Maybe whoever we are looking at for pick 1, would be ready to slot in round 1. Are there any elite prospects that could play round 1?
I’m hearing you and agree 100% on not wanting to get younger. Just think it’s more realistic than bringing in an established A grade mature players, we just struggle to convince those types to come to us

What is the Dogs biggest defficiency at the moment on the list? Obviously a ruck as someone mentioned before (our #1 is a non negotiable), what next?
I think the 2 players you’ve got that we’d be keen on you wouldn’t want to let go. Ridley and Draper. This board is a bit torn on the merits of AMT.

I think if a deal gets done, it would be AMT and good draft picks we can flip for mature players or a 3rd club becomes involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 & 20

It wouldn't have to be pick 1 if Adelaide get pick 2. Leave them the prestige of the first pick and come to an agreement on who each of us take.
I would imagine McDonald 1, Hollands 2.
A classy half forward is a much greater need for us than a bull mid and with the professionalism of these kids today Hollands could potentially impact from R1.

I think the 2 players you’ve got that we’d be keen on you wouldn’t want to let go. Ridley and Draper. This board is a bit torn on the merits of AMT.

I think if a deal gets done, it would be AMT and good draft picks we can flip for mature players or a 3rd club becomes involved.

AMT is a downhill skier who goes missing in a lot of games, Draper has played 11 games and already has injury issues and being managed for game time, Ridley would be useless as he’s an intercept defender we already have Crozier/Keath we need a better Ruckman or a proper Key Defender which they don’t have the only way it potentially gets done is via another club

Except that's draft tampering. We cannot ask them to not bid on Jamarra.

All sweet everyone loses their mobile phone and there is no trace investigation will find nothing.

1 & 20

So we trade out 3 first round picks for pick 1 and 20 goes for Jamarra points ?

If we had 2020 #6, 2021 Essendon 1st rounder, say #6 and 2020 #12 I would rather on trade 2020 #12 for additional points for Jamarra and on trade 2020 #6 for another 2021 first rounder, say Syd or Hawks who will be around that mark next year

Go into 2021 and develop West then have 3x 2021 first rounders

Other option is to trade 2020 #6 for a key back if one is available

At least by keeping Essendopes 2021 first rounder we have a chance at getting #1 2021 pick as well

Last edited:
I’m hearing you and agree 100% on not wanting to get younger. Just think it’s more realistic than bringing in an established A grade mature players, we just struggle to convince those types to come to us
Agreed, at relatively short notice. A grade mature players would take months to negotiate I would have thought.

I don’t think landing a pick before a JUH bid is entirely out of the question.

I think we can get the crows not to bid using 12 and a future pick, and getting 2 seconds back (a points increase to help with JUH as well).

Essendon have 6. They’ll get another late first for saad. If we ended up with 6, and a late first, would that be enough for North to trade pick 2? Could throw in Lipinski or Richards if need be

We could take holland’s at 2, and use the seconds from Adelaide to match on Marra bid at 3.

So effectively:

12 for Marra and change
Dunkley for hollands

We land JUH, and better balance the list by moving an inside mid for elite, forward half class. We also free up more cap space.

Now, I’m all for us getting older, not younger, so, I’d only be keen on the following if we could use that cap space to bring in mature talent to help us win a flag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What’s Hollands like? Any current players he’s similar to? Could he play round 1?

Bringing in the two elite key forwards of this draft which McDonald and JUH are seen to be. Would give us flexibility with Naughton and also JUH has expressed the want to play some midfield. It’d be dynamic and work very well.

If that was the end result of trading Dunkley, I’d do it considering Smith has taken his minutes already regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did Liam Pickering say anything on SEN yesterday about it? I know Hutchy replied to Mark Stevens on Twitter about it and tagged Pickering which was abit unusual and unprofessional. If it was a legit story would Hutchy be taking the pi*s like that I wonder?

Since Essendon is begging for Dunkley to come out public and ask a trade dodo wouldn’t want to look dodo and stuff up a million dollar trade so If and when Liam Pickering comes out and says josh wants to be traded to Essendon Sam power should come out and say Dodo you have until day 3 to deliver Draper + Ridley or we will be on our merry way, our vice captain [2021] will be in red white and blue. We don’t need draft picks who gives a **^^ if we’re wiped out of this draft we would be contenders with naughty and Ridley also English Draper and Juh all under 23? We can build a team around the core or I think we all ready would, ruckman Draper chb Ridley English forward roaming second ruck could also chop out in defence as he did at times this year. And tell Zach come over as a free agent next year to totally tell them f you for poaching a contracted player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back