NO TROLLS Transgender Discrimination AFL Lawsuit

Remove this Banner Ad

Slam dunking people for their ignorance and bigotry.

You betcha you old campaigner!

I have no tolerance for intolerance, and your views are corrosive, out of date, and out of step with the way the world is heading.

Get on board, or get left behind you old campaigner.

My way or the highway eh! Too hell with womens rights, you are the gatekeeper .....

Making up claims of ignorance & bigotry as defined by your very own font of knowledge called goodness. All hail TK !

Your inability to refrain from name calling, pigeon holing etc. shows what kind of conversation you're interested in having, as does your incessant shifting of the goal posts and ignoring points made against you.

I think it speaks for itself that you've been unable to answer or rebut much or any of what I've said.

No, my name calling (which is rather vanilla to be honest, it could be alot worse) is due to the outdated and intolerant views you espouse.

Society should not and can not tolerate people who espouse bigotry and intolerance, and they should not be engaged with as a "reasonable debate" because their view are not reasonable.

I tell you what dinosaur - come at with a serious argument that does not marginalise vulnerable people and maybe we can engage in a reasonable discussion.

My way or the highway eh ! Too hell with womens rights, you are the gatekeeper .....

Making up claims of ignoranve & bigotry as defined by your very own font of knowledge called goodness. All hail TK !

Trans rights are womens rights and womens rights are trans rights.

It is not a spectrum, and the two are not diametrically opposed as the old white men in this thread would like us to believe.

Trans rights are womens rights and womens rights are trans rights.

It is not a spectrum, and the two are not diametrically opposed as the old white men in this thread would like us to believe.

So you are now defining the other point of view as diametrically opposed to trans rights - guess its a black & white world, no shades of grey. Given you make claims about others point of view with an unsubstantiated very broad brush, you'll never be part of the solution.
Women will decide this one.

Actually I'm entertained by the thought of lefties being upset at the AFL. When you get into bed with the left, you have to embrace all of it or eventually they turn on you.

The AFL is not a progressive organisation

- They hung Adam Goodes out to dry
- They passively supported the marriage equality movement
- They underinvest in women's footy and have only just started a womens comps 5 years ago
- They have only just come up with guidelines for trans participation, and those guidelines are unnecessarily onerous on transwomen.

AFL does just enough to not get cancelled.

So you are now defining the other point of view as diametrically opposed to trans rights - guess its a black & white world, no shades of grey. Given you make claims about others point of view with an unsubstantiated very broad brush, you'll never be part of the solutionWomen will decide this one.

It has been you that has egregiously claimed that womens rights are infirnged by trans participation, not me.

No, my name calling (which is rather vanilla to be honest, it could be alot worse) is due to the outdated and intolerant views you espouse.

Society should not and can not tolerate people who espouse bigotry and intolerance, and they should not be engaged with as a "reasonable debate" because their view are not reasonable.

I tell you what dinosaur - come at with a serious argument that does not marginalise vulnerable people and maybe we can engage in a reasonable discussion.

Nothing that I have espoused could reasonably be viewed as intolerant or bigoted. That is just complete non-sense and a classic technique you're using because you cannot or will not respond to facts and reasonable views I've put forward. The only reason you don't think they are reasonable is because you seem extremely emotionally invested and want to denigrate anyone who disagrees, by any means. It's pretty obvious and sad really.

There's no point having a conversation with you because you refuse to move an inch, respond to any points of disagreement and are playing the man and not the ball.

Why don't you respond to my post to you debunking your claim that hormone therapy totally levels the playing field in women's sport where trans-women seek to compete?

Nothing that I have espoused could reasonably be viewed as intolerant or bigoted. That is just compete non-sense and a classic technique you're using because you cannot or will not respond to facts and reasonable views I've put forward. The only reason you don't think they are reasonable is because you seem extremely emotionally invested and want to denigrate anyone who disagrees, by any means. It's pretty obvious and sad really.

There's no point having a conversation with you because you refuse to move an inch, respond to any points of disagreement and are playing the man and not the ball.

Why don't you respond to my post to you debunking your claim that hormone therapy totally levels the playing field in women's sport where trans-women seek to compete?

I answered it 2-3 posts back.

I have zero interests in arguing about competitive advantage, because whether trans women should be able to compete in womens sport is not about competitive advantage, it is about people's rights under the IOC charter to participate in sport.

I answered it 2-3 posts back.

I have zero interests in arguing about competitive advantage, because whether trans women should be able to compete in womens sport is not about competitive advantage, it is about people's rights under the IOC charter to participate in sport.

Now you seek to write the rules of engagement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are 1000's of studies done on the effect of testosterone on athletic performance, and many hundreds on whether women athletes who have had male puberty have advantages in sport.

The conclusions from those studies are not conclusive, many state it is a competitive advantage, many say it isn't. People will cherry pick those studies based on whatever their preconceived ideas are, evidenced by your own post a few pages back around the IOC NOT updating their guidelines because SCIENTISTS COULD NOT AGREE.

What I do know is society, and sport, are becoming increasingly inclusive, and increasingly intolerant of bigotry and exclusion.

The posts of many in this thread, will not age well, and they will be on the wrong side of history.

"I'll have a conversation with you, but we are not allowed to speak about everything in it's totality, taking in the whole scope of the issue and how it affects everyone and everything. I also am not prepared to debate in good faith because * your POV if it doesn't align with mine. The discourse must be on my terms and everything else will be met with disdain, personal attacks and assumptions."

If my mother or sister experienced discrimination (they do and have), you can bet I would defend them just as vociferously.

People like to pit women against trans women as if trans women somehow threaten spaces we have created for women (such as womens sports, or even womens only prisons).

Nothing could be further from the truth.
Theres weirdos in every bunch.

Trans people don’t transition to make women unconfortable, they transition to make themselves feel comfortable.

Hannah Mouncey claims he was dropped from the womens handball team because some of his teammates were uncomfortable sharing a changeroom with him. So these women should be forced to have a male present when they are showering?

I love people like you who wrongfully believe in the tolerance paradox.

Let me put it to you in pictures, given I am unsure if you have the IQ to otherwise understand.

View attachment 1041980

I'm extremely tolerant, and clearly a nicer person than you. I don't spend my life arguing with people and calling people out on things that I'm wrong about. I don't consistently call people names if they disagree with me.

I think humans have great potential to be horrible. I think racism, sexism etc should be constantly called out and shown the door. I've spent my life of 30 years living by that exact standard that I preach for myself. I've called out intolerance in person, when it actually happened though. I didn't create an issue out of nothing. The problem is that people like you DON'T DO THAT. You don't see intolerance and call it out. You see everything else and label it intolerance.

"I don't think a transgender person born as a man should be able to play potentially dangerous sports against women because of the potential scope of harm that immediately gets put on those women." Tolerant or intolerant? Because if you see that sentence and you genuinely think that's an intolerant position to take - you immediately render ANY further conversation invalid with your inability to converse with any form of nuance.

The worst thing is that you can guarantee that this is pointless; as I don't expect you actually possess the required level of self awareness to communicate to the point where learning becomes an option.

I am personally not interested in anything to do with this post.

That is because the basis of my argument has ZERO to do with competitive advantage, and actually about the fact that trans woman can and should play womens sport because THEY ARE WOMEN.

It's a rights-based argument, not an argument about the role of male puberty on athletic ability.

They aren't women though.

Just because YOU say they are doesn't mean others have to suspend disbelief and pretend what is quite clearly a man is a woman.

I agree 100% with this.

Which is why I believe trans women should be able to play women’s sports.

Because trans women are women

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They are not biologically women because their sex chromosomes cannot be changed.

They can freely identity their gender as a women.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back