NO TROLLS Transgender Discrimination AFL Lawsuit

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd wavers have been vocal abt protecting women's rights in the face of the trans movement, 3 and 4 wavers not so much. Herein lies a central problem for young women today, they are NOT being well represented or protected by their supposed mentors and leaders, in some cases being silenced by them.

Look at the population of transgender women, and then extrapolate that to the number of transgender women who were former potential AFL draftees. We're talking less than 0.1 per year.

If they met the criteria set out in the AFLW rules they can be drafted. Hannah's complaint as i understand it isn't saying that the AFLW lacks a criteria for her and others to follow, but the issues center around how those rules are implemented because a player after meeting that criteria can be refused permission to play without a reason.

In other words, Hannah is saying "I'm allowed to play in one league but not in another league"

So why are there so many lesbian women in sport disproportionate to the percentage in society?

Is that really the case or an urban myth?

People say women's tennis is dominated by lesbians but if you look at the current rankings there are hardly any openly gay players in the top 50 or top 100.

Every woman i've spoken to has no time for womans football, "What is this sh*t doing on TV" etc, it's being shoved down our throats, the standard is pathetic, see better quality watching country level magoos and no one watches that.

It's not like every bloke likes the AFL either. One mate who is big on American sports to the point of being able to take you through every NBA and NFL side's roster and stats but if i ask him about the AFL he is like what is that s**t.

The AFLW's quality reflects where the game is in its development.

People say women's tennis is dominated by lesbians but if you look at the current rankings there are hardly any openly gay players in the top 50 or top 100.
AFLW is highly overrepresented by lesbian women.

That's not either good or bad, it just is.

Look at the population of transgender women, and then extrapolate that to the number of transgender women who were former potential AFL draftees. We're talking less than 0.1 per year.
What has being a 'former potential AFL draftee' got to do with it?

Any 1st Division EFL player or A Grade VAFA player would absolutely dominate the AFLW (let alone the better players in the respective competitions), and most of them wouldn't have been anywhere near the level of being considered to be drafted into the AFL.

Hardly any straight women in the WNBA.

There is clearly an extremely disproportional amount of lesbians amongst professional female athletes.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but with all these issues regarding CTE in contact sports.... in 30 years will the AFLW be open to a lawsuit if some women feel that having mouncey and Hubbard types tackling and hitting them contributed significantly/disproportionately contributed to development of CTE? I mean u think a lawyer ain’t gonna jump on that?

Also, due to the risk of injury, the world rugby has banned all transgender women from competing with women

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a 1 month old daughter and I shudder to think about the battles we're going to have to face over the next 20 years.

In the US they're giving female college sports scholarships to transgirls in place of girls.

So not only are you killing the development of women's sport, but you're now also robbing them of an education. So much for wanting equality.

I'm all for accepting transpeople, or any other minorities for that matter, but having biological men compete against and take the place of biological women is absurd.

Transwomen should have their own league. It's as simple as that. Alternatively, the ones who have not undergone any hormonal therapy to reduce their testosterone levels, may want to continue to compete against other biological men. But under no circumstances should competing against biological women be an option.

I have a 1 month old daughter and I shudder to think about the battles we're going to have to face over the next 20 years.

In the US they're giving female college sports scholarships to transgirls in place of girls.

So not only are you killing the development of women's sport, but you're now also robbing them of an education. So much for wanting equality.

I'm all for accepting transpeople, or any other minorities for that matter, but having biological men compete against and take the place of biological women is absurd.

Transwomen should have their own league. It's as simple as that. Alternatively, the ones who have not undergone any hormonal therapy to reduce their testosterone levels, may want to continue to compete against other biological men. But under no circumstances should competing against biological women be an option.

Also, the argument that well there’s only a very small population of trans women competing so cis women will not be disadvantaged... ok so at what point is that argument no longer valid? When trans women make up 30%,50%,70%???
not to mention that getting women to participate in sport has always been a struggle... I hav no doubt women’s participation in sports will decline over time with the rise of trans women in sport.
I believe many more studies must be done before we can make a decision. As I’ve said before any sport particularly contact sport that allows trans women to play with cis women will be open to law suits if a cis gender woman is significantly injured or killed by a trans athlete...

If they met the criteria set out in the AFLW rules they can be drafted. Hannah's complaint as i understand it isn't saying that the AFLW lacks a criteria for her and others to follow, but the issues center around how those rules are implemented because a player after meeting that criteria can be refused permission to play without a reason.

In other words, Hannah is saying "I'm allowed to play in one league but not in another league"

The solution to that is to ban her from all female leagues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back