Review 2022 Mid Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The club must know something that can't be seen on tape. I watched footage of most of his touches in most of his games this year.

It's hard to believe someone watched the same footage I did and decide to take him #2 overall in this MSD. I have absolutely no idea what they see in him outside of his athleticism. The cherry on top is the fact he's 23.

A raw 23 year-old at pick 2... Crazy stuff. Hope these reports are BS.
Why haven't they announced you to the media as our new list manager?

#announcesouup

I have learned to trust the judgement of our fine draft watchers on this page and as such am hoping we don’t go Dawson.
Give me any of D’Ambrossio, Derkson, El Nour with our first, and one of those or Voss with our second.

Dawson was playing amateurs for Willi CY’s pre season before getting a late call up to the VFL side.
Reports from people I know in both clubs say he’s very athletic but his disposal is awful. They can’t believe he’s being considered, all saying he’s only played one decent game.

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC
If his drafted well all I can say to that the 💩 will hit the fan .
If we had a 3rd pick in the MSD or 4th or 5th round pick in the ND then I say yes to it.
Need to Key Position players

Playing devil's advocate here....surely we can back our recruiters in a little bit (they were good last year after all) ...as guys that would have watched a lot of Dawson footage over the year (trainings, games live etc) - and also been able to chart his progress up from the Ammos to the VFL in a short space of time. If the guy hasn't come through a 'traditional' pathway, I think we've got to allow some scope for development of his game.

Ultimately, I'm pleased we're targeting a key defender - we've gone for what I think most on this board would agree is the largest 'need' - so in that sense i'm pleased. As pleased as you can be for a MSD with a historically low strike rate. Whether or not he turns out to be good remains to be seen, but i'd back the fact our recruiters have put a lot more hours collectively than any of us on this board - certainly enough not to get the pitchforks out and proclaim the sky has fallen further than it already has this season.

Playing devil's advocate here....surely we can back our recruiters in a little bit (they were good last year after all) ...as guys that would have watched a lot of Dawson footage over the year (trainings, games live etc) - and also been able to chart his progress up from the Ammos to the VFL in a short space of time. If the guy hasn't come through a 'traditional' pathway, I think we've got to allow some scope for development of his game.

Ultimately, I'm pleased we're targeting a key defender - we've gone for what I think most on this board would agree is the largest 'need' - so in that sense i'm pleased. As pleased as you can be for a MSD with a historically low strike rate. Whether or not he turns out to be good remains to be seen, but i'd back the fact our recruiters have put a lot more hours collectively than any of us on this board - certainly enough not to get the pitchforks out and proclaim the sky has fallen further than it already has this season.
Tad late for that now....

Whether or not he turns out to be good remains to be seen, but i'd back the fact our recruiters have put a lot more hours collectively than any of us on this board - certainly enough not to get the pitchforks out and proclaim the sky has fallen further than it already has this season.
You’re right, we should give Hawthorns recruitment team the benefit of the doubt on this one.

To think if we didn't have the 3 resignations last week then Lynch wouldn't have retired and we'd only have taken 1 pick.
Hopefully we pick up 2 guns who go on to play a flag and then Luffy literally was the reason we achieved the ultimate success lol.

Yes its slim that the 2 boys we select will be anything but woeful but I like hindsight stories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To think if we didn't have the 3 resignations last week then Lynch wouldn't have retired and we'd only have taken 1 pick.
Hopefully we pick up 2 guns who go on to play a flag and then Luffy literally was the reason we achieved the ultimate success lol.

Yes its slim that the 2 boys we select will be anything but woeful but I like hindsight stories.
I too love a rookie made good story, and they often play a role in premiership teams.

I too love a rookie made good story, and they often play a role in premiership teams.
Yep. With Comben now out for 3-4 weeks we just need a big forward to come in and help Larkey.
A Cam Pederson type.

I dont want a midfielder. We need a big mature body.

I have enough knowledge and resources in this area to put my thoughts out there to help others on here. I'll back my own judgement and be happy to be proven wrong.

I was underwhelmed with the Ham, Lazzaro, Mahony, Perez and Spicer selections in the last couple of drafts. Ham is gone, and while Lazzaro and Spicer still have time on their side, they have a long way to go yet and look speculative. Mahony is neither here nor there and I'm bullish on Perez in a better side.

I've been happy with our other selections like Phillips, Powell, Curtis, Goater and Edwards, and put my thoughts on here before we even selected them.

I think if you have some knowledge or an opinion worth something, sharing it on a forum like brings value to the forum, even if it's negative.

Imagine being a young key foward in any of the state comps, you get drafted to North in the MSD and your first task as a north foward is in Darwin, of a night, with our elite foward 50 entries. You would actually want to go back to Peel Thunder or wherever you came from after that.

If true re Dawson we’re obviously backing our development to turn him into a beautiful kick at the age of 23
A lot of pressure on Brady to nail these 2 picks and I wouldn’t be risking it on an undersize defender who can’t kick.
Not sure how that fills a list need.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Mightn't fill the need, but it'll give us the full set :cool:

Whatever happened to the Hamster that only last 6 months on the list last year?

I have enough knowledge and resources in this area to put my thoughts out there to help others on here. I'll back my own judgement and be happy to be proven wrong.

I was underwhelmed with the Ham, Lazzaro, Mahony, Perez and Spicer selections in the last couple of drafts. Ham is gone, and while Lazzaro and Spicer still have time on their side, they have a long way to go yet and look speculative. Mahony is neither here nor there and I'm bullish on Perez in a better side.

I've been happy with our other selections like Phillips, Powell, Curtis, Goater and Edwards, and put my thoughts on here before we even selected them.

I think if you have some knowledge or an opinion worth something, sharing it on a forum like brings value to the forum, even if it's negative.

Absolutely don't disagree - your insight is a fantastic resource; I thoroughly enjoy reading your view on players and value your opinion highly, and would never want anyone to silence their thoughts on players, their relative skill and how they fit into the side. If not - we'd have nothing to talk about on here!

My point is moreso, that some on here have moved to solely base their views and the ' sky is falling 'criticism off the back of yours/RF08's view and some casual hearsay. Reading your view - I wasn't overly enthused by the pick either! My point is moreso - we can debate the merits of a pick, we can even say based off the highlights and views we'd have preferred someone else (as I think the board has very much gravitated to Massimo or El Nour) - but I think comments like the 'club is a joke' 'we've stuffed this up already' etc are overreactions - that don't take into the power of work the recruiters do on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back