News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be an unpopular take around here but I hated the way adidas’ templates butchered Collingwood (and Hawthorn’s) guernseys.

That bib was a war crime too.
Agree very much. Honestly in terms of template and how clean it all looks, Nike is the best we've ever had besides maybe the early days with Adidas. But other areas such as the obvious stocking issues and generally just cheap looking merch have soured things a bit. I want it to work with Nike, but they have to get real about it. Having retails with gold AFL logos out by Round 1 would be a start because it's just embarrassing as this point. Completely stopped buying other Nike products personally as I'm sure others have as well so it will only hurt them the more the negligence of the Collingwood brand continues.

Might be an unpopular take around here but I hated the way adidas’ templates butchered Collingwood (and Hawthorn’s) guernseys.

That bib was a war crime too.
While I can agree that the 09/10 bib should have been tried in an international court, outside of that from 1998 to 2012 our kits with Adidas and their templates were pretty class. I still long for a brief return/cameo of the piping from the 02-05 template, as well as the way the middle stripe finished off square at the bottom of the collar. Maybe nostalgia blinds me but if so I don't want to see anyway

Nike have again shown its not about looking after the club, its about the Nike Tick being on the ground in the countries biggest sport, they did pretty well in the first year, but now back to the old habbits, Sydney's South jumper will have an Iron on V by ther end of 2025.

Went to confirm in person and, well, yeah. For a Large it feels like something's a bit off about the proportion of the AFL logo, the others look fine.

View attachment 1881807
What am I missing here with Nike?
Is it the size and scaling of the logos on this retail jumper?
Looks the same kit since Nike took on the Pies. Also its only our first look at a retail jumper no less

What am I missing here with Nike?
Is it the size and scaling of the logos on this retail jumper?
Looks the same kit since Nike took on the Pies. Also its only our first look at a retail jumper no less
It's mainly just the size of the AFL logo, but for a large it just felt quite wide which was bizarre but I guess they are accommodating for their market lol

Nike have again shown its not about looking after the club, its about the Nike Tick being on the ground in the countries biggest sport, they did pretty well in the first year, but now back to the old habbits, Sydney's South jumper will have an Iron on V by ther end of 2025.
Sorry I don’t get this and is Nike til 2025? An

While I can agree that the 09/10 bib should have been tried in an international court, outside of that from 1998 to 2012 our kits with Adidas and their templates were pretty class. I still long for a brief return/cameo of the piping from the 02-05 template, as well as the way the middle stripe finished off square at the bottom of the collar. Maybe nostalgia blinds me but if so I don't want to see anyway
Should go back to the best guernsey.

gettyimages-1558699-2048x2048.jpg

Ironically around that era they absolutely butchered our jumper. Think they decided to trial all the s**t ideas with the smaller club.

The bib was cutting edge back then, other brands tried copying doing little elastic bits in the front to stop the collars breaking from the biff, should of got the Nobel peace prize for science

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the outside looking in it looks like Puma look after Carlton and Richmond pretty well.

I'm extremely over Nike. It's just been a mess since the start. The worst thing is we already saw this before last time they ventured into AFL.
It would all be about the money, especially for Collingwood, but Wasn't puma pretty s**t previously?

It would all be about the money, especially for Collingwood, but Wasn't puma pretty s**t previously?
Exactly right. At the end of the day it’s a business, and it all comes down to the bottom line, something some people on here don’t seem to get all the time.

Nike don't care. Its a generic account for them. Enjoy your goyware , goy

Coming from a supporter of a club who let Nike iron on their sponsors for a couple years it's a bit rich

I’d be very curious to know why there’s been no word on what Port’s clash jumper will be. It’s been a month since the home was unveiled and there were minor changes, but I would’ve thought the clash would come soon after, or at the same time if there were absolutely no changes from last year which is unlikely. I’m going to assume at the very least that’s the watermarked pattern will change if not the whole design but right now there’s not even a smudge of information as to what will be used. Rather strange I feel.

I’d be very curious to know why there’s been no word on what Port’s clash jumper will be. It’s been a month since the home was unveiled and there were minor changes, but I would’ve thought the clash would come soon after, or at the same time if there were absolutely no changes from last year which is unlikely. I’m going to assume at the very least that’s the watermarked pattern will change if not the whole design but right now there’s not even a smudge of information as to what will be used. Rather strange I feel.
I recall someone saying there was an issue with the port clash kit. Something around the numbers???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back