Game Day Round 1 vs. Sydney, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 15/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I honestly didn’t think Dean was all that bad. He wasn’t great but there were plenty worse with more experience.

Reef for AJ is obvious and I wish we had someone to put pressure on Cox.

Mitchell might be in trouble for Fin but reckon he’s got credits in the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dean would be stiff to miss. Like, congratulations on your debut, you're playing on Jesse Hogan in career best form. At least against Sydney he won't get a Schade moment against Buddy and might get a McLean, Amartey or McDonald.

If Reef and Fin aren’t picked I will rage.

DC can ruck 85% of the game, and do it well. He absolutely won the battle vs Briggs. If he’s playing like that, there’s no role for Cox. Bring in Frampton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We weren't beaten badly in the midfield, we were beaten badly in transition. That's structure, set up and work rate. Should be fixable.

In: Howe, Frampton, McInnes
Out: Cox, Johnson, Noble

Sub: Pendles or Mitchell (not ripping on them, let's get them through the year).

Howe forward with McInnes is another thing worth exploring imo. Cox will play more games, he was just ordinary tonight, and I'd like to see Frampton and Cameron together now that Cameron is clearly in good form and should be rucking more.

Maynard, Dean, WHE
Quaynor, Moore, Crisp
Sidey, Naicos, Jaicos
Schultz, Mihocek, Hill
Howe, McIness, Elliott
Cameron, DeGoey, Pendles

Markov, Frampton, McReery, Lipinski

Sub: Mitchell

It is a shame Adams is not fit for this match as I would have thought Collingwood fans would sort of enjoy seeing him and Grundy working together again, sort of like a throwback to a simplier pre-Covid time.

On a different note, am excited to see this game, I suspect you guys are favourites but I think it is going to be close.

IN: J.Howe, R.McInnes, F.Macrae
OUT: A.Johnson, W.Hoskin-Elliott, O.Markov

B: B.Maynard - C.Dean - J.Howe
HB: I.Quaynor - D.Moore - J.Crisp
C: S.Sidebottom - S.Pendlebury - J.Daicos
HF: L.Schulz - B.Mihocek - B.McCreery
F: B.Hill - R.McInnes - J.Elliott
R: D.Cameron - J.DeGoey - N.Daicos
I: J.Noble - F.Macrae - P.Lipinski - M.Cox
S: T.Mitchell

EMG: O.Markov - W.Hoskin-Elliott - B.Frampton

I would like to persist with Dean for this week. I think it was an incredibly tough assignment on Hogan tonight. He will be better for the run and should be more comfortable next week against. In saying that, I was shocked it was not Moore taking that match up on Hogan.

it is tough on Markov & Hosk who weren't terrible tonight, however we need more size and strength in the air (naturally Howe comes back) and you just need to find a place for Macrae to come in.

Johnson and Markov are 2 clear omissions for me
Out of the 2, I’d keep Markov in. Has more runs on the board than AJ. Literally. Know he’s capable too. Maybe swing him to Sub. Nobby starts on the ground. They can both battle for same position for a little while.

Frampton has to come in, he's shown he can provide a contest, something that AJ didn't do tonight. Can play ruck and could be needed down back as Sydney have 3 talls, and we looked too short down there tonight

Markov and noble in the same side unbalances the team. One or the other.
There’s and argument we should have played three tall defenders but regardless I’d like to see Dean stay in even if Howe returns. Maynard playing tall weakens the team.
I’d like to give AJ a second chance because revolving door selection does not set players up for success
Mccreery needs to be able to gather uncontested possessions otherwise he’s just chasing tail all day
Macrae needs to play to boost an aging plodding midfield, especially Mitchell and Pendles
Some thought needs to go into second ruck again. ( didn’t take long) ! Is Frampton a better choice than cox and also he’s a swingman option.

Lots to consider, the baby won’t be thrown out with the bath water but some things to consider above.

Markov and noble in the same side unbalances the team. One or the other.
There’s and argument we should have played three tall defenders but regardless I’d like to see Dean stay in even if Howe returns. Maynard playing tall weakens the team.
I’d like to give AJ a second chance because revolving door selection does not set players up for success
Mccreery needs to be able to gather uncontested possessions otherwise he’s just chasing tail all day
Macrae needs to play to boost an aging plodding midfield, especially Mitchell and Pendles
Some thought needs to go into second ruck again. ( didn’t take long) ! Is Frampton a better choice than cox and also he’s a swingman option.

Lots to consider, the baby won’t be thrown out with the bath water but some things to consider above.
Agree with most, except AJ has been given plenty of chances. Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back