• McDonald

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 63 51.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a utility....throw him anywhere and he'll be ok. (Except Key position). I reckon he's like Aish...but better.
So which b22 player will Baker replace? Will we keep Aish or replace another player?

Baker would be more of an upgrade if there were more players fumbling around the outside. That to me looks his best feature, clean hands, hard running but not super quick.

Aish is a very clean footballer too, the comparison is fair in that both are going to get the ball to the next contest or player without flash or fuss.

I’m not really keen on trading for Baker. I mean if he came in for free, yeah sure, he’s a decent player but no superstar amd he’s not really a need. And he’s not better than Aish, in my opinion
We really need to get this message across. He would cost draft capital and valuable cap space. We also have no room in the backline/midfield so we would need to play Baker forward but he's definitely not a forward. It's just a dumb trade idea. In fact, I think it would do more harm than good to our list for those exact reasons.

I think Baker could be very handy as Walter’s replacement when he retires, not as mercurial, but does have a few tricks & can push up the ground as we’ve seen when required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Baker could be very handy as Walter’s replacement when he retires, not as mercurial, but does have a few tricks & can push up the ground as we’ve seen when required.
The maximum Baker has kicked in a single season is 12 goals. It'll be a downgrade on Walter's output. We need to invest into an elite small forward.

We can still back out of the deal even if we say we are 100% committed to him. But he will hate us for it...
If Logan has committed (even just in his head) to move back to WA and we pull out of the race, he will walk straight to wet toast.

Given the Tassie team are going to get plenty of draft capital at the expense of most of the other 18 teams I think we would be better of to use our draft hand and draft. Except in the situation where we can get an exceptional player. Would not be looking to draft any players over 26yo.

Not sure if this is the right thread but has anyone put their mind to who we could lose to the sign-on bonuses over at the Devils?

Feels like it's coming around quicker than I had anticipated and while Moose is the obvious main contender to go home and captain his state's inaugural side, if we managed to get Sam Taylor that would help enormously on that front.

My niggling fear is that we're going to have a tonne of players that we have invested a heap of time into so that they mature together in our window of contention, right at that maturity where they're plug-and-play enough that they'll likely be approached (think AB, Serong, Young, Clark, Cox, Ryan). The opportunity to grab 500k-1.5m just for accepting the contract would test even the most loyal soldier.

There was like 4 mids named that will go forward or play flank or something like that, what chu talking bout Willis.
It sounded like mids who can push forward. Need I remind you that Cal said that of both Serong and Erasmus and those dudes have kicked about 10 goals between them.

We don't need mids that can pinch a goal, we need forwards.

It sounded like mids who can push forward. Need I remind you that Cal said that of both Serong and Erasmus and those dudes have kicked about 10 goals between them.

We don't need mids that can pinch a goal, we need forwards.
Top 10 mid/fwds is fine by me. I’d kill for a Duursma and Cal mentioned a couple that will probably play flank for their 18s team

Not sure if this is the right thread but has anyone put their mind to who we could lose to the sign-on bonuses over at the Devils?

It worries me because they won't just get the bonus, they'll also get a disproportionate amount of salary because at least half their squad will be earning base contracts.

So they'll get $1,000,000 a year for six years with half of it in the first two years and then an extra $500k to $1m to sign as well.

We can't compete with $2m a year for two years.

Back