• McDonald

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 63 51.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry yes Saints second rounder (North and Saints are two of the AFLs generally forgettable/mergeable teams for mine :p).

Haven't seen the pre-season games; stats show that Champion has kicked 3 goals for Subiaco seniors across 2 games (1 against Swans, 2 against West Coast) and 1 reserve game where he kicked a goal.
Hoping we have that saints second earmarked for Collard to return home if he works on the deficiencies Walls called out prior to the draft. That or we keep a late first for Champion (if he demands it) a Walters replacement is definitely our top priority. While Simpson could probably fill that hole short term, I see him more as a mid long term but would have to wait for opportunities in that part of the ground.

Road to the draft for 2024 is now out.
Champion is on there and he is a confident kid👍
Talks about how he has played forward all his life and from
Kalgoorlie. The only other player I have heard about who could
be a find is Ricky Mentha.
A Freo team needs that indigenous talent, and we need some X factor
that they provide.

With JUH staying at the dogs I doubt McDonald will leave as Sydney will have even more money to splash at him.

Honestly based on Treacy’s first two games, I’m not sure McDonald is required.

He’s kicking goals and clunking marks.

Hurt his arm yesterday and slowed down, but his hands have markedly improved, goal kicking is good, kicking inside 50 is good, competitive and assertive.

A good partner for Amiss, Treacy is the hammer and Amiss the chisel.

I do feel like the club is working on something big though, just no idea who.

Brodie would be a nice fit for West Coast tbh.

He’d be a good foil for Reid…just getting the ball and shovelling it to him.

The next two years for us could set us up for ten.

McDonald and/or Warner or Baker?

Throwing the kitchen sink at Warner this year would be an interesting move…

Give Sydney at least two firsts for Warner and then hit the draft hard for small forwards and another KPF next year?

Brodie would be a nice fit for West Coast tbh.

He’d be a good foil for Reid…just getting the ball and shovelling it to him.

The next two years for us could set us up for ten.

McDonald and/or Warner or Baker?

Throwing the kitchen sink at Warner this year would be an interesting move…

Give Sydney at least two firsts for Warner and then hit the draft hard for small forwards and another KPF next year?
We’d still have another 1st this year for a small forward and don’t need another KPF, Jackson, Amiss and Treacy are all coming along nicely, Tabs and Voss for depth. Not to mention Odin and Kuek (if he makes it back)

View attachment 1937618

Would love McDonald but Treacy offers alot more versatility around the ground. We're in the position where we don't need a 1-2 A-Grade FF/CHF combo when we've got one in Amiss supported by Jackson & Treacy.

I've always been confident that Treacy's our CHF for the next 10yrs and this year's already showing signs he'll get there sooner than later.
  • Pressures & tackles exceptionally well, let alone for a 195cm Key Forward
  • Starting to stick more contested marks
  • More than serviceable 2nd-3rd Ruck. Keeps our most impactful play in Jackson free to roam and rip games apart.
  • Great forward chemistry with Amiss.
Thats an interesting stat. we will see how this stat look like after the bye and it can influence the club on decision to bring Log Mac or not.

As much as I’d like McDonald I think he is surplus to needs. And I’m not sure I’d want to spend the two first rounders we’d need to on him.

I’d take the three first rounders and take them to the draft. In 2028 when TAS joins the league they will be 21 and a perfect foil for the compromised drafts that are coming up.

I’d even consider recruiting a good Tassi lad this year so we have a player to send to Tassi when we need to.

Yes and that has me thinking WC will be keen to trade him in. I don't necessarily agree that Baker is a waste of time for them. Their list needs a couple of players with Bakers attitude and experience to help guide their young guns, and reduce their loss margins. From Baker's POV, he would be offered a really generous salary and gets to settle back into family life. Maybe he is Captain material, too. Shuey 2.0

Yes.....yes they should chase him and trade him in for big money and draft capital.

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

What's the deal with Bolton's contract? He doesn't appear to be happy at the Tigers now that their window has closed and they are facing a rebuild. Seems wasted there. Any chance we could snag him with our best pick? Tigers need the draft currency.

Supposed to be on close to a mil a year. Would probably cost to much $ and draft picks to bring over.

I always though he was a bit overrated tbh

Im very confident of one thing this offseason, we will bring in one very good to elite player. We have a proven history now of being able to convince players to join, 4 1st rounds picks available to trade and a heap of cap room set up for this specific reason.

Young players shining, making a push for a continued finals stint, cap space and picks to use. What a fun year ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is most likely, in order?
In my slightly educated opinion
  • Baker
  • McDonald
  • Warner
  • Bolton (heard nothing here)

I really only included Bolton because if Richmond had any sense he’s exactly who they should ask if he’d like to explore his options

Devils advocate here say Kane Cornes is right and this should be Jackson’s midfield

1. Can we trust Darcy’s body to be healthy for 7 years
2. What could we get for him in a trade
3. Does amiss Tracey McDonald work

Devils advocate here say Kane Cornes is right and this should be Jackson’s midfield

We aren’t trading him (just the intangibles of the thing) but I think peeps are starting to put their heads in the sand with regards to Jackson. He can change games in the ruck and we don’t have evidence he can play 50% as a mid and be as effective.

I hope to get that evidence when Darcy is back out there but I think the argument Jackson should be a number 1 ruck has merit - whether we all want to acknowledge it or not.

Can't help thinking if Darcy doesn't ruck, Knobel will within a year or two. Jacksons ability around the ground can be used in other ways. He isn't a great ruck per se'

As much as I’d like McDonald I think he is surplus to needs. And I’m not sure I’d want to spend the two first rounders we’d need to on him.

I’d take the three first rounders and take them to the draft. In 2028 when TAS joins the league they will be 21 and a perfect foil for the compromised drafts that are coming up.

I’d even consider recruiting a good Tassi lad this year so we have a player to send to Tassi when we need to.

On the flip side their three year deals expire in 2027. The year before Tasmania comes into the AFL.

Back