List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch his games ....watch Petty's running patterns ....pretty easy to work out ...you in particular will see it
So are you in love with his elite kicking or running patterns?

Worth giving up a 1st & 2nd rounder for 1 year when we are not in the premiership hunt, when we can get him as a FA by waiting another year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you apologise to him about your Geelong call last year yet? You were quick on that reply and probably thought you were correct when you were wrong again.
Wow, how many times you going to repeat this?

And have you apologised to the board for posting on here?

How about the times you’ve been wrong?

What would help a lot defensively and stop us needing to trade in a defender is not using a +1 at the contest

Just get or play better midfielders that don't need a +1 to win contests. Why the * does a midfield with Laird, Crouch and Berry - all hard at it extractors - need a +1 to be effective? Our midfield should be capable of winning contests with even numbers

By having the contest +1 it almost always means the opposition has a +1 in defense and even numbers up forward. Which means we are kicking to an outnumber when we have the ball, but the opposition are kicking to even numbers defended by a relatively weak back 6.

The opposition cut us up because they win possession in defense with a spare then have the entire ground to cut through and change lanes.

Meanwhile when we win possession in the midfield we're working into an outnumber until someone works hard to get forward which takes time. Our +1 is also likely to be taken out of play and rendered useless if another mid gets the ball and kicks it forward without involving them.

Does getting Petty and playing him in defense solve anything? Not really if our defense is set up to force one on ones and our midfield lacks the ability to win contests or defend

I personally think it looks like our rebuild will take longer than it was looking like early last year, and the idea of going all chips in 2025 doesn't make sense.
Let's grab the best talent we can over the next 2 offseasons and see what that does to our long term dreams of being a dominant club.

I.e. 2024
Top midfield talent - e.g. Draper
Welsh FS
Hayward free agent
Trade 2025 first for Phillipou

Free agent Petty
Trade future first for Wanganeen-Milera

Combine that with players who didn't play round 2 our side would be massively more talented - Curtin, Edwards, Ryan, Murray, Thilthorpe, Nankervis
I don’t think we can keep assuming we can just trade for young stars using purely future firsts, it pretty much never happens

Petty and Hayward (and maybe even drafting Draper, at this point) seems pretty realistic, though

Mobility and attacking is what I want to see

Speed - looking at us at the moment and Hinge, Milera , Jones and Soligo all having niggles late in pre season/ serious injury last year and so far we have no real run. Need some more speed - which outside of Hamill we don’t seem to have a lot in reserve

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Speed - looking at us at the moment and Hinge, Milera , Jones and Soligo all having niggles late in pre season/ serious injury last year and so far we have no real run. Need some more speed - which outside of Hamill we don’t seem to have a lot in reserve

Speed can also come from ball movement not only leg speed

Be all reports we chased Will Day pretty hard.

We chased Tom Stewart all match

Chasing isn’t the name of the game

I know the club accepts we need more in the midfield and was trying last year to address it (albeit was told that after Redman had knocked us back)

But no question we need to hit a home run soon with a ready to go player

How long ago did we make the JHF offer? And we’ve done nothing to bring a top flight midfielder since

Last off season we sat on our hands hoping and praying that other teams didn’t have any organic growth in them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back