List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure the list is that bad. Especially adding Thilthorpe up forward/2nd ruck and Murray down back in the back half of the season.

Last year they stuffed up the midfield mix and corrected it a few games in by including Dawson and dropping Crouch. Through the year they removed Keays and by the end of the season they had a decent mix.

They've over thought it this year as well and stuffed up the mix. A bit like the Australian selectors for the 1st Test against India when they dropped Head and played Renshaw because he could sweep. Too much time to think and see what looks good at practice/in the nets.

My main gripe in the Nicks era is not getting both Phillipou and Rankine into the squad in the same season.

In Curtin - hopefully there is that big body mid. Just get games into him unless he shows he's not ready.

Meanwhile, Soligo, Pedlar, Rachele and Dawson all get the ball cleanly and move it forward from the centre bounces. I haven't seen enough of Rankine, but he probably falls in that category. Crouch is the strength/in and under and Laird/Berry are the in and under. There is enough there to work with.

Collingwood were premiers last year and their list wasn't fantastic. There is no standout team and no excuse.

It’s not about whether you think the list is ok. And it doesn’t even matter if you happen to be right

The recruiters themselves said we needed a big midfield scalp, they did. Not anyone else.

So by their own estimations, their assessment of need what have they done since?

And it was an urgent enough need to make a stupid, massive offer. It wasn’t a mild need identified

Lol. That’s such a schoolboy point of view.

Of course they don’t “always”, they’re making themselves look as good as possible - however, your contention was that the media don’t know or don’t have sources

Which is batshit
So who are these truthful sources you're talking about

It’s not about whether you think the list is ok. And it doesn’t even matter if you happen to be right

The recruiters themselves said we needed a big midfield scalp, they did. Not anyone else.

So by their own estimations, their assessment of need what have they done since?

And it was an urgent enough need to make a stupid, massive offer. It wasn’t a mild need identified
Yes, fair call, a player of the ilk of Horne-Francis was exactly what we needed. However, bringing in Rachele, Soligo and Dawson in 2022 and then Michalanney and Rankine in 2023 has added much needed quality to the list, if not the out and out star midfielder that JHF will be. It's possible, as was the case 15/16/17, we skin the cat a different way to make it to the (almost) top.

Yes, fair call, a player of the ilk of Horne-Francis was exactly what we needed. However, bringing in Rachele, Soligo and Dawson in 2022 and then Michalanney and Rankine in 2023 has added much needed quality to the list, if not the out and out star midfielder that JHF will be. It's possible, as was the case 15/16/17, we skin the cat a different way to make it to the (almost) top.

Does it look like we’ve found the other way to skin that cat? Laird, Crouch & Dawson is our permanent 3 man rotation at centre bounces

Does it look like we’ve found the other way to skin that cat? Laird, Crouch & Dawson is our permanent 3 man rotation at centre bounces
Rachele played midfield in the first 7 weeks of last year and average 20 disposals and kicked 10.10. Soligo played there in the first 8 weeks last year and looked good. Pedlar played there against the Saints last year and had one of his best game. Rankine started in the midfield last week and looked good so.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite Crow and I have a history and s/he trolled him to try to get him to admit he was wrong about Nicks all day Saturday morning.
We don’t have history, unless you call following me around like a bad smell a history. You’re a stain on this board and there’s a reason you’re constantly ridiculed. Wayne and I have a history, you’re trying to latch on because you’re a leper on here.

But I tell you what, if you can get Wayne to apologise for all the times he’s been wrong, misrepresented what I’ve said and only to slink away without comment, I’ll apologise for picking Geelong not to slide in 2023.

Another layer of the idiocy of your posting is equating getting it wrong about a team making the top 8 compared to getting it wrong about our coach, chalk and cheese flog.

We don’t have history, unless you call following me around like a bad smell a history. You’re a stain on this board and there’s a reason you’re constantly ridiculed. Wayne and I have a history, you’re trying to latch on because you’re a leper on here.

But I tell you what, if you can get Wayne to apologise for all the times he’s been wrong, misrepresented what I’ve said and only to slink away without comment, I’ll apologise for picking Geelong not to slide in 2023.

Another layer of the idiocy of your posting is equating getting it wrong about a team making the top 8 compared to getting it wrong about our coach, chalk and cheese flog.
Stain on this board and constantly ridiculed, those are big words lil pup. Didn't you go missing after we had that discussion 4 years ago and when you returned as a different alias I knew it was you ;)

Stain on this board and constantly ridiculed, those are big words lil pup. Didn't you go missing after we had that discussion 4 years ago and when you returned as a different alias I knew it was you ;)
What after I spelt it out it was me you figured it, like that time ;)

You think I closed Elite Crow because of you?

Well in one way you are right, I got tired of arguing with *******s and I said to myself I’ll try not to this time but here I am again.

What after I spelt it out it was me you figured it, like that time ;)

You think I closed Elite Crow because of you?

Well in one way you are right, I got tired of arguing with *******s.
No, I thought it was you before someone confirmed this to me as I mentioned your posting is like Elite Crow. He said you already fessed up you were Elite Crow so I must have missed that post. And you also never admit you are wrong and always think you are correct, I hate posters like you whether it here or on Hot Copper so like to call you out.

No, I thought it was you before someone confirmed this to me as I mentioned your posting is like Elite Crow. He said you already fessed up you were Elite Crow so I must have missed that post. And you also never admit you are wrong and always think you are correct, I hate posters like you whether it here or on Hot Copper so like to call you out.
Never admit I am wrong? I started a thread on Jones admitting I was wrong you muppet and there have been other times I’ve also admitted it, hell I even did it yesterday. For someone who follows me around I’m surprised you missed it.

Speaking of hate, know of any posters that actually like engaging with you? Ever wonder why?

Anyway, you’ve occupied enough of my time, you’re just a serial pest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back