All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may lead to Jack Perry coming back (you've just completely buried him by showing this footage though), but nobody is sitting here going "Oh boy this made me want to see FTR vs The Young Bucks even more now"

lol I'm no Perry fan but how has this buried him? If anything it just showed him standing up to Punk.

Copeland vs Penta probs by fav match of the show, good TV match.

Like the Shibata translator gimmick. Even was asking "What's Jericho's problem?"

Fun backstage seg with Willow/Copeland/Stokely/Briscoe/Kingston.

Noticed PAC and Purrazzo during the show both dropped F-Bombs and it didn't get beeped out.

Good promo from Ospreay, hitting back at Triple H's potshot. There is an old saying "I wrestle for free, I get paid to travel."

As for the elephant in the room. From my perspective after watching the entire thing, I can understand why they aired the Punk clip.
  • The Young Bucks (as heels) used the chaos of the event as a excuse as to why they lost to FTR at ALL IN.
  • Opens the door for Scapegoat Jack Perry to join The Elite down the line (Currently on loan at New Japan in the House of Torture).
  • Jack Perry can come back (still as a heel) and whine and complain about how he was the victim (and Scapegoat) in the whole thing.
  • Airing that clip also is a (worked) jab at Punks best friends, FTR. Who then came out to vent/cut a promo about how they are sick of hearing this stuff from months ago and want to move on and shut up the EVPs once and for all and win those AEW Tag Titles.

For 9+ months ?

Seems unlikely to me. They just went that way after his suspension
Here is the timeline for Jack Perry.

August: ALL IN vs Hook, then suspension.
January: Suspension over, shows up at a New Japan USA show and rips his AEW contract up (work).
March/April: Loan spell starts, flown to Japan and has had 13 matches for New Japan so far.

Why was he suspended though? Seems a bit unjustified
I think it's purely because he was involved in the incident. Despite him not doing anything physical, in the lead up he was difficult to work with, after the whole wanting to use real glass fiasco, cutting a promo into the camera during his match, and then causing a scene after.

Not sure why sitting in business class on a flight is classified as participating in the grind but apparently it is

Will should have ignored it and let his in ring ability talk for itself

Going on to marry & have multiple children with the billionaire bosses daughter is a sledge!? I mean have you seen Steph, even at 50+. Will has done a better job of putting over Triple H than even the WWE did all weekend.

In all honesty it’s peak insecurity to waste valuable TV time on something so small that may or may not have even been referring to him. Even Renee looked incredibly embarrassed.

There's no punches in the clip, unless you watched something else?
At the end of the day it doesn't matter, the clip showed nothing we didn't already know, Punk already admitted that he shoved Perry and put him in a chokehold, so I imagine even though we had no audio, what he said about their discussion was also correct, if he already admitted to what was shown I doubt he's lying about the conversation.

The whole thing just came off really badly, not a good look for AEW at all.

AEW keep finding ways for everyone to talk about anything other than the actual wrestling .
Tony Khan literally has no ******* idea what he is doing.

Christ if this moron wasn't born with a silver spoon he'd be working a dead end job struggling to make ends meet.

Phil was right this company isn't serious about making money it's all about TK's fantasy wet dream booking.

There's no punches in the clip, unless you watched something else?
Yep it's standard school yard s**t hardly a fight.

Tony saying he was fearing for his life is ******* comedy gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Khan literally has no ******* idea what he is doing.

Christ if this moron wasn't born with a silver spoon he'd be working a dead end job struggling to make ends meet.

Phil was right this company isn't serious about making money it's all about TK's fantasy wet dream booking.
Why do you care if he's making money or not? It's his money. Just enjoy the dream matches he is putting on and ignore the crap you don't like. Stop worrying about a random billionaires financials.

That quote right there tells you everything you need to know about your hero, Phil. All about $$$ and not much else. Not very 'punk' of him at all.

Almost as bad as promoting straight edge but saying he had a drink before the pre-show of WM Night 1!!

Dude has zero credibility.

Gimme a fantasy booker over the vapid, soul-less s**t WWE dishes out, ANY day of the week.

He will forever be known as Punk's bitch

Take a look at Perry's body language, at no point was he expecting a physical confrontation. Psycho Phil lost his cool for no reason and needs someone to slap him back to reality.

Last edited:
Dynamite pretty good.

Jericho is Jericho, but Shibata is great value.

Copeland and Penta, fun, although the timing felt a bit off at times.

Start and open was good with Swerve/Joe, doing a great job with both. I hope Dustin gets involved in getting Swerve the win at Dynasty - otherwise it feels like Dustin was put in there because of Cody.

Glad Pac and Okada is confirmed, should be a banger.

the showing of the All In London footage reminded of me when Bischoff challenged Vince to appear on WCW PPV for a fight. Just an unnecessary dumb moment that makes you and your company look second rate.

anyway, at least we got more Mina!

and now we're getting AZM!

gk2ntryw4aaxpbg.webp

I agree Punk should have been fired for getting physical with a co worker but I also think that Omega and the Bucks should have been fired to , I mean VP’s getting into a brawl with an employee sets a very poor standard. What’s worse colleagues arguing and fighting each other or management fighting with employees?

Not sure what HHH said to have a dig at AEW, caught a dig at talent choosing lighter schedules but that’s hardly a dig at AEW is it? I mean HBK mentioned AEW by name and said they have an awesome roster with a lot of talent. They even showed the Bucks and Jericho in packages so I wouldn’t say had a dig at them all weekend?

I thought they must have been upset about HHHs comments that the WWE has no competition and is just competing with themselves.

As for Punk, lol, if that’s what gets you fired in AEW then lucky Tony Khan wasn’t around running the WWF in the 90s, there never would have been an attitude era as he’d have fired the whole roster and company gone under.

Almost as bad as promoting straight edge but saying he had a drink before the pre-show of WM Night 1!!

Dude has zero credibility.

Huh?

Where did you hear this?

I'd have to think if you have this correct it would have been bigger news. Dudes been straight edge since he was a teen hasn't he?

Huh?

Where did you hear this?

I'd have to think if you have this correct it would have been bigger news. Dudes been straight edge since he was a teen hasn't he?

I heard it myself...

After Michael Cole introduces him on the pre-show and he botches his line, and say's "I've started drinking already'...

I just went back and watched it again,and I'll back track a little, as he said "I've started drinking", not what I thought I heard above. Context is a little different, so I'll take the L on that, I didn't hear correctly.

Doesn't mean I don't think he's fake as all *. Classic narcissist, IMO. Shows the world who he wants us to see, and everything is everyone else's fault.

As for Punk, lol, if that’s what gets you fired in AEW then lucky Tony Khan wasn’t around running the WWF in the 90s, there never would have been an attitude era as he’d have fired the whole roster and company gone under.

You may not have noticed, but things change in 30 years... you could've used a homophobic slur in the AFL and not been suspended 3 weeks in that very same time, but alas, the world evolves over time even if some of its residents don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back