All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a few of my posts may have been moderated out, which is probably fair enough. I was maybe too personal.

My frustration comes from the fact that there's probably exactly the same percentage of AEW fans who are jerks as there are WWE fans who are jerks. But there's LOTS more WWE fans.

So many places on the internet are almost unvisitable if you're an AEW fan.

I don't go to WWE boards with my opinions. They don't need to hear them - it's a product I really don't like but why should I be a buzzkill?

But there's not many places you can go without a WWE fan coming in and shitting on things.

I'm interested to hear from AEW fans about things they're maybe not liking - pushes being interrupted or the wrong things getting attention. But I don't want to hear the views of those who don't even like AEW - especially those WWE fans who seem offended it even exists.
Ill call this out and say what? How can you be liking Mercedes Mone run? How can you be liking the fact each week is a different main event with no story, no reason other then "lets have a match"? How can you not feel that MJF/Adam Cole are being sorely missed and its really hurting the product big time?

AEW is not hitting home runs at present so its getting the critciism it deserves. When MJF was absolutely destroying it with his promos I was hear saying that. He and CM Punk had best promo in 10+ years ie. since Stone Cold/Rock went away for example. MJF and Punk matches were absolute fire too after that. Christians heel work is the best in the business at this stage as well.

HOWEVER there is also trash going on at present and AEW is coming off the worst times in its history. If you want to bury your head and pretend otherwise, thats okay for you, but the rest of us dont have too

This makes HHH sound really vindictive for what he said.View attachment 1957777
Didnt the guy call HHHs wife basically a stepping stone of a woman? He went the same route im afraid

I think overall he should have went a different route with the promo. He came across as a spoilt brat. Why not just point out that he has grinded, grinded more then most and he now deserves a lighter schedule since he has earnt it... . Would have been much more powerful then what he did. He could have hyped up his ability instead of well calling out Steph who had nothing to do with it. It was a very poor promo overall

HHH was 100% wrong with his comment in that Will doesnt need to grind anymore, but Wills just making HHH a 50/50 comment now with his response to it all

Didnt the guy call HHHs wife basically a stepping stone of a woman? He went the same route im afraid

I think overall he should have went a different route with the promo. He came across as a spoilt brat. Why not just point out that he has grinded, grinded more then most and he now deserves a lighter schedule since he has earnt it... . Would have been much more powerful then what he did. He could have hyped up his ability instead of well calling out Steph who had nothing to do with it. It was a very poor promo overall

HHH was 100% wrong with his comment in that Will doesnt need to grind anymore, but Wills just making HHH a 50/50 comment now with his response to it all
Ospreay is maybe the ten millionth person who has pointed out that Triple H dumped Joanie Laurer to hook up with the bosses' daughter, and he used that political power to his own advantage for decades.

Ospreay has worked incredibly hard to get where he is, and considering the circumstances with his family that Triple H knows, to be called out and insulted on WWE TV for no obvious reason or benefit rather than vindictiveness? Well, I think saying that not everyone is lucky enough to sleep their way to the top like Triple H did is a pretty minor comeback.

Ill call this out and say what? How can you be liking Mercedes Mone run? How can you be liking the fact each week is a different main event with no story, no reason other then "lets have a match"? How can you not feel that MJF/Adam Cole are being sorely missed and its really hurting the product big time?

AEW is not hitting home runs at present so its getting the critciism it deserves. When MJF was absolutely destroying it with his promos I was hear saying that. He and CM Punk had best promo in 10+ years ie. since Stone Cold/Rock went away for example. MJF and Punk matches were absolute fire too after that. Christians heel work is the best in the business at this stage as well.

HOWEVER there is also trash going on at present and AEW is coming off the worst times in its history. If you want to bury your head and pretend otherwise, thats okay for you, but the rest of us dont have too
Mercedes Mone beginning with promos and a slow build? Who gives a crap about that?

Personally I think she is a much better worker than talker, but this is hardly something to get upset about.

I really like the Bucks "succession" reboot and aligning them with Okada. Joe and Swerve is absolutely fantastic. I love seeing PAC back, and Ospreay has done some absolute bangers recently. The build of the bricks and mortar women's div folks like Skye Blue, Julia, Willow etc has been good too.

I don't care about the Jericho stuff, but it gives Hook more reps, which he needs.

This week's show was only okay, but the last three months overall has been fantastic.

My taste is to really want to see things like Osprey and Fletcher. I don't need matches to be because someone kicked my dog or hit on my girlfriend.

I have absolutely missed MJF, but there's been a big improvement since the last month or so of MJF as well.

Mercedes Mone beginning with promos and a slow build? Who gives a crap about that?

Personally I think she is a much better worker than talker, but this is hardly something to get upset about.

I really like the Bucks "succession" reboot and aligning them with Okada. Joe and Swerve is absolutely fantastic. I love seeing PAC back, and Ospreay has done some absolute bangers recently. The build of the bricks and mortar women's div folks like Skye Blue, Julia, Willow etc has been good too.

I don't care about the Jericho stuff, but it gives Hook more reps, which he needs.

This week's show was only okay, but the last three months overall has been fantastic
She has been put in the main event spotlight. Dont think you have a choice but to care as its coming down ya throat whether you like it or not. The build makes no sense. A title match without actually ever having a match goes against the spirit AEW began with and the correct spirit which was to earn title shots not be gifted them.

Crowds not liking it at all. Chanting CM Punk as they come out isnt a good sign. I think the story is falling flat and promos are lacklustre. If they werent Punk wouldnt be involved

PAC backs good. Ospreay doing good things. Okada not so much. Ospreay is the star at present but has no feud which isnt helping. More time into a storyline for him will help

The Womens division is trash. Hard to pretend otherwise. It has no momentum at present. It is why Mone has the title shot for no reason I suppose. They miss Baker/Hayter big time and dropped the ball on Purrazzo who deserves more

Nothing memorable or noticable has happened in the last 3 months really. The necessity of putting on PPV main event after PPV Main event match on each weekly show is showing that. You feel like next week for example will just be a fast forward til you get to the main event such is the hype of that match. That isnt a good thing at all

Alot will turn around once MJF/Cole are back but before then its looking grim. What do you expect in 8 weeks time match wise? What is the main event of Double or Nothing for example?

Personally, I'd rather WWE was just ignored on AEW TV.

I have zero interest in WWE and the fan toxicness. Just ignore it and do your product.
AEW literally had a WWE superstar on its program to beliitle them not 2 or 3 days ago with fans chanting a WWE stars name as well as * HHH . The toxicity is not a 1 way street

gk_y1iuxuaaextf.webp

when we said we wanted Athena on AEW, this isn't exactly what we had in mind...

Getting sucker-shoved might be the best thing that ever happened to Perry. He's an excellent wrestler that needed to get away from Jungleboy... Really looking forward to him coming back at some point.

~~~~~~~~~~*

As for Rampage, they've been teasing a few weeks OC's character getting a bit more intense... I really want to see them go the full 180 from sloth-style to macho-style intensity, with Baretta's turn the trigger...

As for Rampage, they've been teasing a few weeks OC's character getting a bit more intense... I really want to see them go the full 180 from sloth-style to macho-style intensity, with Baretta's turn the trigger...
like the Moxley feud/match, he can only maintain the intensity for a short period of time.

He's way overdue for reinventing himself. I hope he drops the pockets stuff and soft kicks. He doesn't need it anymore.

Like Darby, I think he's capable of wrestling the underdog style really well with the fast offence to get wins. Ironically some of his best matches have with Mox where was just pure wrestling.

Happy with what they done with Trent too, his look now is perfect as the more stoic heel.

Good opening match on Collision between the House of Black and Dante Martin/Andretti/Matt Sydal.
Reckon Thunder Rosa nailed her promo as well.
Show bookended with a pretty good main event with Claudio/Danielson vs Fletcher/Hobbs.

Over on Battle of the Belts, Looks like Roddy and Kyle's friendship is over after Roddy attacked him post-match.

Couple other notes:
Rampage will be a day later, after Collision next week. 4/20 day, with RVD appearing.
Also seen sescoops claiming that HOOK is out of contract this year and is keen to explore his options, with WWE interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back