AFL Toast Dreamtime Winning

Remove this Banner Ad

People will say good teams find a way to win even when they aren’t at their best.

Good teams also put away terrible opposition, which we cannot do, despite facing 16, 17, 18, and a Richmond team missing half its squad.

That being said, I think this is the first time we’ve gone undefeated this long in nearly two decades. It takes a lot of grit to do what we’ve done since the Port loss. I’m not sure if we’re a ‘good’ team, but I think we’re headed in the right direction to become one.
Been a mighty effort so far and I think the team is learning alot about how to win games, they have to sharpen up though too many mistakes have lead to letting opps back into games

On SM-S911B using BigFooty.com mobile app

1716641416612.png

A few passengers on the field and in the coaches box - everything was a bit off - skills, pressure, intensity
Bank the 4 points
Why didn't they put Guelf on Rioli (who was carving us up) in the second half as he quelled Vlatuin pretty well
Thank god for The Riddler
Goldy looked knackered
Few 4 quarter players - but we move on to the Suns who were pretty meh against Carlton

Last edited:
Looking at the ladder our percentage doesn't actually look that bad! Other than Sydney not a lot of percentage out there.

View attachment 2000658

You might want to dive deeper how many of those around us have played west coast, north and Richmond……

Our % is shit against the teams we have played. No hiding that fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the ladder our percentage doesn't actually look that bad! Other than Sydney not a lot of percentage out there.

View attachment 2000658
Well I will argue that our percentage doesn’t look that good. It’s the wins that matter and sometimes the draws. Lot of our wins have been built around Duz and Perko to this part from a a midfield perspective.

For us we to he a truly great team the effort will have to be shared. Brad’s been on the record to say that if the effort isn’t there than the gameplan won’t work! Can’t leave it to the too few or we will become easy game. You are only good because of the sum of your parts.

You might want to dive deeper how many of those around us have played west coast, north and Richmond……

Our % is s**t against the teams we have played. No hiding that fact.

Others have lost to bottom teams, we haven't. Some have even lost to Richmond, or West Coast.

Bank them and move on.

Rids
Stringer
Lav
Hind
Terrific games tonight. Ridley especially is gold standard. 10 coaches votes.

Langers 🙌
duz Tsatas good
Merrett does captainy things

Good to get the 4 points. Just have to keep finding a way to hold on and win.

Ess pressure point exposed in midfield last 2 weeks.
Hope they can get some control back there soon. Parish gap is being felt. Losing cox is going to hurt too. Hope it’s nothing too serious. Disappointed in Perkins but may be unwell or just an off night.

unsure Goldy can go all the way to the bye without a rest. Shame.

Caddy was good for first game. Look fwd to his first afl goal soon.

Amazing this club is still 2nd. I’ll enjoy it for another few days but the % looks very sickly.

Well beaten in clearances past 2 games which has brought us back to the pack. Goldstein looks like he needs a break, is Bryan worth a punt on next week? Jones will be a huge upgrade on return for Caddy, his forward pressure is underrated. The team has looked flat after the GWS game some rumours of a viral infection going through the squad, a few of them might need a lighter training load to freshen up this week

I love Guelfi... but what the heck was that last play? A point would have sealed the game.. just a single point, and it's the same as a 3 goal lead in that circumstance.
Perkins had a chance to go deep and get at least that extra point to make it a four goal game but instead he went wide. He could’ve easily made the distance. It was such a dumb kick in the circumstances.

Saw some youtuber do ladder predictor, had us finish 2nd and play Suns in a semi final at the MCG. We could win that. Just need to keep winning.

We should be aiming to beat the Suns at home next week before we think about playing them in any final.

However reckon we're due for a loss and that might be it. Unless we study their game against Carlton and take a lot out of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back