Past #1: Daniel Currie - officially traded to Gold Coast in exchange for a third round selection (#53)

Remove this Banner Ad

So he goes from playing in the VFL, as the understudy to the AA ruckman for a team that made the last two PFs to playing in the NEAFL as the backup for Nicholls for a team that finished 3rd last? Seems like going backwards to me but power to him. I guess he thinks Nicholls is s**t and he will get a call up.

He's got more chance of getting past Nicholls than Goldstein. That we made the PF is irrelevant. He just wants to play AFL for someone and he rightfully believes he has more chance there. Personally I think he's a dinosaur who's spent 8 years on AFL lists for 4 games for a reason. But good on him for persisting.

Would have liked to keep him especially with a weak draft this year.

Don't want to take more than the minimum 3 selections
I'm not even sure if we'll make 3 selections. Depending on what our picks end up being and with Anderson already in, I wouldn't be surprised if we use our mandatory selections to permanently upgrade one or more of Fordham, Nahas or Preuss.

I'm not even sure if we'll make 3 selections. Depending on what our picks end up being and with Anderson already in, I wouldn't be surprised if we use our mandatory selections to permanently upgrade one or more of Fordham, Nahas or Preuss.
You must take a minimum of 3 selections. That can be made up of 2 draftees and a rookie upgrade or simply 3 draftees.

Good luck to Cuz.

Always seemed like he was giving his all and his presence at training has probable assisted Goldy's development significantly.

This bloke still freaks me out.

Only because I was sitting in a food court a year ago talking footy and referencing this bloke's relation to Goldie when he (Daniel) suddenly manifested and walked past us wearing a hard hat.

I then tried to repeat the phenomena with several more "desirable" manifestations without success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back