Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

All I'm saying is can't he just spend a few weeks , just a few weeks in the forward line at VFL level?
I feel like he could be a patch Adams type but I don't know what I'm seeing atm

All I'm saying is can't he just spend a few weeks , just a few weeks in the forward line at VFL level?
I feel like he could be a patch Adams type but I don't know what I'm seeing atm
Patch with a dysfunctional forwardline ahead of him and with his skills a bit rusty.

I really do admire his effort and tenacity. Truly.

It's just not enough though.

The amount of times his opponent ran away from him out of a contest or he chased 5 meters behind a Crow with no impact on the disposal...he tries hard but he's just got little in the way of weapons to put the effort to good use.

It says a lot that 2 or 3 clean handballs in traffic have people saying it was a good game, great improvement etc.

He remains a liability.

He's no Robinson Crusoe in watching blokes run off.... Seems to happen to or whole team!

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How anyone can criticise his first half in particular is beyond me. Dropped off in the second but it was probably the best half he’s put together.
Agree with this - I’d like to see the pressure act stats as I thought he was one of our best in this area in the first half to the eye.

He's no Robinson Crusoe in watching blokes run off.... Seems to happen to or whole team!

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah he’s slow like a few in our team unfortunately and it’s just the way it is

his lack of height coupled with that makes for physical limitations.
And then his ball use is poor means he’s bringing very little to the table

Now the VFL is up and running he'll get his chance next week and go spend some time with some similar frames. Can't fault his endeavour but he's lagging skill wise and now looks like he has no confidence at all when holding the ball.

Not to put too hard a point on it, he's pretty much six months older than Will Phillips and four over Powell and in a year he hasn't had the luxury of being dropped anywhere. I'd hate to think he reads any of the stuff said about him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back