Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire the club for experimenting with this athletic beast. However he is way of AFL standards. We can firmly conclude that.
He is a very good Vfl player and anyone that has played lower level suburban footy will admit that the Majak experiment was a success for him as an individual.

Well done Maj.
Should never get another AFL game unless we loose Taz, Goldie and Preuss in the same week.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you are trying to find a spot for a guy due to others being better then him, maybe just maybe he shouldnt be playing for the NMFC. His best position is Ruck forward, good luck to him if he makes it in defence but he is 27 years old? Will take him at least another year to play regular seniors as a defender.

Sing to the tune of "We didn't start the fire" or tune of your choice. These are all the "home grown" players Majak's career has started at the same time as or engulfed who haven't been deemed worthy of an AFL list spot in 2018.

If you don't rate Majak that's fine, but maybe you're overestimating the talent on offer each draft or on AFL lists as a whole.

Ayden Kennedy
Brayden Norris
Matthew Scott
Kieran Harper
Cam Delaney
Ben Mabon
Brad McKenzie
Tom Curran
Brad Mangan
Malcolm Lynch
Max Warren
Mitch Wilkins
Tim McGenniss
Taylor Hine
Joel Tippett
Will Fordham
Corey Wagner
Farren Ray
Matthew Taylor

Sing to the tune of "We didn't start the fire" or tune of your choice. These are all the "home grown" players Majak's career has started at the same time as or engulfed who haven't been deemed worthy of an AFL list spot in 2018.

If you don't rate Majak that's fine, but maybe you're overestimating the talent on offer each draft or on AFL lists as a whole.

Ayden Kennedy
Brayden Norris
Matthew Scott
Kieran Harper
Cam Delaney
Ben Mabon
Brad McKenzie
Tom Curran
Brad Mangan
Malcolm Lynch
Max Warren
Mitch Wilkins
Tim McGenniss
Taylor Hine
Joel Tippett
Will Fordham
Corey Wagner
Farren Ray
Matthew Taylor

When I read that list I view it as if all those players suffered from a not yet discovered condition/deformity

Ayden Kennedy
Brayden Norris
Matthew Scott
Kieran Harper
Cam Delaney
Ben Mabon
Brad McKenzie
Tom Curran
Brad Mangan
Malcolm Lynch
Max Warren
Mitch Wilkins
Tim McGenniss
Taylor Hine
Joel Tippett
Will Fordham
Corey Wagner
Farren Ray
Matthew Taylor

LOL- i tried it with the Billy Joel song, but tbh it works better with a funeral dirge. Will be a few more added to the list end of 2018. Nice work.

Ayden Kennedy
Brayden Norris
Matthew Scott

Kieran Harper
Cam Delaney

Ben Mabon
Brad McKenzie
Tom Curran
Brad Mangan
Malcolm Lynch
Max Warren
Mitch Wilkins
Tim McGenniss

Taylor Hine
Joel Tippett
Will Fordham
Corey Wagner

Farren Ray
Matthew Taylor

Better players than Majak (Curran couldn't get on the park due to injury):

Ayden Kennedy

Brayden Norris
Matthew Scott

Kieran Harper
Cam Delaney

Ben Mabon
Brad McKenzie
Tom Curran
Brad Mangan
Malcolm Lynch
Max Warren
Mitch Wilkins
Tim McGenniss

Taylor Hine
Joel Tippett
Will Fordham
Corey Wagner
Farren Ray
Matthew Taylor

Ayden Kennedy

Brayden Norris
Matthew Scott

Kieran Harper
Cam Delaney

Ben Mabon
Brad McKenzie
Tom Curran
Brad Mangan
Malcolm Lynch
Max Warren
Mitch Wilkins
Tim McGenniss

Taylor Hine
Joel Tippett
Will Fordham
Corey Wagner
Farren Ray
Matthew Taylor

How are they objectively better than Majak? 4 of them played a combined single AFL game, 5 if Curran is added.

You might prefer them but none bar Delaney got another AFL opportunity so noone league-wide rated them either.

Daw might just be a worthy 25th listed bloke at a club when the talent on offer each year (as above) is factored in. That's ignoring the turnover of players on other lists also.

Why delist a Daw in any given year if he is reasonable depth, a popular clubman, has premium upside on a given day and is on moderate coin just to list a Mabon or Norris?

How are they objectively better than Majak? 4 of them played a combined single AFL game, 5 if Curran is added.

I watched the bolded players play football and I have seen a good sized sample of Majaks games.

Why delist a Daw in any given year if he is reasonable depth, a popular clubman, has premium upside on a given day and is on moderate coin just to list a Mabon or Norris?

- Harvey, Firrito, Petrie, Dal Santo, Swallow, Hansen and McKenzie all deserved list spots ahead of him.
- Coin isn't really the issue over the last couple of seasons.

Majak stayed on the list because, football wise, he has teased here and there and there are possibly non-football related issues. However, he has now been worked out as a ruck-mid/forward and Scott has acknowledged that by trying to repackage him yet again.

You might prefer them but none bar Delaney got another AFL opportunity so noone league-wide rated them either.

Daw might just be a worthy 25th listed bloke at a club when the talent on offer each year (as above) is factored in. That's ignoring the turnover of players on other lists also.

Keep at it mate, you'll get your point across eventually, although it might end up with you joining me on ignore. LOL

You are completely wasting your time engaging in this conversation and fyi you are 100% correct. Also we signed Daw before Preuss became what Preuss has become, which is our second ruck.

It's not that ******* hard to work out, but the righteous are after all right- I think.

Even if he never takes his game to another level, he's still a decent backup ruck. I dare say of Goldy and Preussy both went down with injury- which is a very real possibility- a lot of you shitstirrers would be glad we have a capable backup on the list on minimal coin. Do you really want to see a Brown/Larkey ruck combo take on Max Gawn? Maybe we should throw Tom Jeffries in the deep end? Get over yourselves ffs

Ayden Kennedy

Brayden Norris
Matthew Scott

Kieran Harper
Cam Delaney

Ben Mabon
Brad McKenzie
Tom Curran
Brad Mangan
Malcolm Lynch
Max Warren
Mitch Wilkins
Tim McGenniss

Taylor Hine
Joel Tippett
Will Fordham
Corey Wagner
Farren Ray
Matthew Taylor

Did Max Warren show a bit in that loss against Brissy? Was Ayden Kennedy hard done by to never get a game? Come on mate surely we have to back in elite potential over mediocre reality. Maj is mediocre reality now I admit, but it's disingenuous to compare him to most of that lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Majak Daw
North coach David Loader was quick to idenitfy North’s best player after the game, labelling Daw a standout.

“He was simply fantastic,” Loader said.

“His game has gone to another level down back and tonight was really encouraging for everyone to see.

“His athleticism and closing speed will hold him in good stead, but it was the way in which he attacked the contest and the man tonight that was most pleasing.”

Senior development coach Gavin Brown echoed Loader’s sentiments saying an AFL call-up for Daw was inevitable.

“Based on what we saw tonight, it would be impossible not to pick him in the coming weeks should his form continue,” Brown commented.

Well Well Well ....Majak knocking the door down as a kpd - could be a lot of red faces on this Board if Majak keeps this form up.

Great stuff Maj - keep up the good work - it will be great to see you in the seniors shortly.:thumbsu:

^ remember to bump your body of work in support of Maj if this happens. :rolleyes:

There is no-one here apart from naturally north who can claim they have stayed firm on the Maj bandwagon. If Maj does make it - which would be a wonderful outcome for the club - NN deserves a medal.

I'm pleased that Majak's doing all he can to be in line for selection, but still can't see him in a full strength best 22. Whose spot does he take?

^ remember to bump your body of work in support of Maj if this happens. :rolleyes:

There is no-one here apart from naturally north who can claim they have stayed firm on the Maj bandwagon. If Maj does make it - which would be a wonderful outcome for the club - NN deserves a medal.

I'm pleased that Majak's doing all he can to be in line for selection, but still can't see him in a full strength best 22. Whose spot does he take?
A bit of rejigging may be required to get match ups right but any of Hrovat, Macdonald and Dumont are in the firing line.

Maj was match day emergency week 1 and now a stand out performer in week 2.

Any more poor efforts from those guys - and if Maj can keep his form going - then he will be in.

Happy for you to bump my body of work supporting Maj - you will find plenty there.

Ayden Kennedy

Brayden Norris
Matthew Scott

Kieran Harper
Cam Delaney

Ben Mabon
Brad McKenzie
Tom Curran
Brad Mangan
Malcolm Lynch
Max Warren
Mitch Wilkins
Tim McGenniss

Taylor Hine
Joel Tippett
Will Fordham
Corey Wagner
Farren Ray
Matthew Taylor

only took two days

Bloke gets BOG in the twos, yet your whipping boy cops it, like I said, pot kettle black

only took two days

Bloke gets BOG in the twos, yet your whipping boy cops it, like I said, pot kettle black

My evaluation is based upon 8 ******* years of watching the bloke.

Took some marks did he? Who on?

Was he flying in second & third up whilst McKay & Nielsen were doing the bollocking work that his poor centre of gravity won't allow him to do?

Based upon watching him around 50 times, I suspect so.

Are you ready to play him on Hogan next week?

Get back to work on the search engine and see if you can do better.

My evaluation is based upon 8 ******* years of watching the bloke.

Took some marks did he? Who on?

Was he flying in second & third up whilst McKay & Nielsen were doing the bollocking work that his poor centre of gravity won't allow him to do?

Based upon watching him around 50 times, I suspect so.

Are you ready to play him on Hogan next week?

Get back to work on the search engine and see if you can do better.

that's cool dude, but coming from someone that started a suck it to the whipping boy crew thread, pretty poor form.

Maj can only win each contest infront of him and be judged on what he does each week, this week he was BOG in the twos.

that's cool dude, but coming from someone that started a suck it to the whipping boy crew thread, pretty poor form.

Maj can only win each contest infront of him and be judged on what he does each week, this week he was BOG in the twos.

Tell me what happened at the game then champ?

Did you even go and watch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back