Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Mods, please change the title, I have a heart attack every time 'season over' flashes up when this comes to the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be just imagining it but, to me, Majak looks a lot more focussed and intense this pre-season.

I have also noted a harder demeanor.

If he gets it right, then look out.

I have also noted a harder demeanor.

If he gets it right, then look out.

At the open training session a couple weeks back, when in their training groups doing the rotating drills, one drill involved pairs of players taking the tackle of their partner, protecting the ball, then giving a handball off.

Maj was with McKay, Durdin and someone else. Maj stood out to me because every time he tackled the guy with the ball, it was being jarred loose due to the force of his tackle/pressure. This was in stark contrast to McKay, durds etc who might as well not even tackled as their pressure was that minimal.

I’d really like to see Maj adopt the Anderson/Zurhaar mindset with regard to taking man and ball.

They would umpire him out of existence in the same manner they curbed Ziebell.

They would umpire him out of existence in the same manner they curbed Ziebell.

Although, on reflection, Jack was inclined to jump into people. Jed, Zurhaar and Majak tend to bowl over opponents without leaving the ground themselves. Irrelevant, really, in Jed’s case, due to his height.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Might be just imagining it but, to me, Majak looks a lot more focussed and intense this pre-season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I almost posted the same and decided I was seeing what I wanted to... maybe it is there. Possibly he has a bit more of a view on time in the game and perspective has honed him a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back