Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about altitude.

Maj needs all the aerobic fitness he can get. Testicles crossed he actually completes a full pre-season for once. A maj that doesn't burn up all of his oxygen in 5 mins would be a major asset.

Maj needs to learn how to play football, every else is secondary to that.

Getting an extra 2% of fitness from altitude training would be waste of time.

But it happens before the pre-season starts. So it's extra. The coaches are also there to teach and discuss certain aspects of the game. So it's extra ball work, running and coaching. After the spray he copped i thought he would have gone too.

Really thought after that finals game he might of turned the corner but I think he just won't make it.

Sat behind the goals in a couple of games he played and his leading is non existent. Just doesn't have any fwd craft after 8 yrs on the list.

Get ready for his farewell tour next year.

Last edited:
Really thought after that finals game he might of turned the corner but I think he just won't make it.

Sat behind the goals in a couple of games he played and his leading is non existent. Just doesn't have any fwd craft after 8 yrs on the list.

Get ready for his fair well tour next year.
That's because Maj is not a Forward..he is a Ruck...we are 8 years in and still working this out but we will get there one day...

Absolute madness that he is contracted for two more seasons. Something is starting to smell in our football department.
What's wrong with having a capable backup ruckman with excitement factor and serious upside (on the offchance he puts it together as an athletic fwd) on the list for 2 years on minimal coin? Worst case scenario he's a much better backup ruck than a lot of sides have. Plus he's an asset offield.

Ok then.
We currently have 5 blokes on our list that we don't want because of list management decisions. In the past we've had several similar situations.
Paying blokes to be on other clubs lists another winner.

Need to get better.
I think it's a bit unfair to accuse the club of this. Sure there has been errors but it happens at every club. The swallow and lindsay decisions were interesting ones. However, majak was on fire against adelaide. He kick 4 goals in a final and other clubs were sniffing around. We all thought he had turned a corner. s**t, i would have been throwing money at him after the game.

Goldstein - another that needed to be locked away. He had an excellent 2015. It was a smart move to lock him away. No one knew he'd drop off like he did. I'm one of his biggest critics and even i thought it was a good decision.

I'm assuming the 5th is jed? If so he was exactly what we needed. A highly rated player that couldn't break into Hawthorn's team largely due to injuries. There is still time for Jed.

Aaron Black - another that showed so much and had WA sharks circling him. He dropped off for various reasons.

It's aways easy to criticise in retrospect but the list managers haven't made massive errors in judgement.

What's wrong with having a capable backup ruckman with excitement factor and serious upside (on the offchance he puts it together as an athletic fwd) on the list for 2 years on minimal coin? Worst case scenario he's a much better backup ruck than a lot of sides have. Plus he's an asset offield.
That guy sounds great? Wish we had signed him instead of Daw.
Joking aside, there is no reason to have Daw signed up beyond next year. No one else would have had him this year except as a DFA, so why should we be locked into having him for two more seasons?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was signed up for 3 years on the back of what 4 good games? It was a stupid decision and he never deserved a 3 year contract. Add to the fact that he is not on minimal coin either, what he signed was quite lucrative given his output.

That guy sounds great? Wish we had signed him instead of Daw.
Joking aside, there is no reason to have Daw signed up beyond next year. No one else would have had him this year except as a DFA, so why should we be locked into having him for two more seasons?
Because if we got rid of him we would need to give his spot on the list to another back up ruckman. I stopped being frustrated about Majak when I realised that back up ruckman is his position. If he wasn't signed up for next year would you suggest just having 2 ruckmen on our list or who would you replace him with?

#1! I kinda like it, something about it says "I've arrived". Let's hope this is a sign that Maj is ready to grab his chances by the scruff of the neck and really fight to be a part of our future. He didn't need to change his number, could have kept coasting along, but for a naturally easy going bloke I like that he's putting pressure on himself to step up, even if it is only symbolic at this point.

I tell you what was stupid. It wasn't signing Maj off the back of 4 good games in 2016... the stupidity was in not playing him for more games when fit and available to be in a better position to make the call on that contract. We dropped him after games (Essendon springs to mind) where he more than earned another match and some of his competition did nothing.

I tell you what was stupid. It wasn't signing Maj off the back of 4 good games in 2016... the stupidity was in not playing him for more games when fit and available to be in a better position to make the call on that contract. We dropped him after games (Essendon springs to mind) where he more than earned another match and some of his competition did nothing.

Has been horribly managed.

This. On very low wages by all accounts so very little risk. He'd be one of the best 2nd choice ruckman in the league and very capable of pinch hitting up forward as his 4 goals in a final demonstrate. He's damned really because of his potential which is huge. I'm as frustrated as anyone that he hasn't kicked on but as list management decisions go, this is one of our better ones. Would have been more than happy to run with just Goldy and Maj or Preuss and Maj next year but unfortunately we couldn't get any takers for Goldy

Nah, signing him was the stupid part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back