Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is a crucial game for Maj. His future at North is still unclear. Goldy desperately needs a chop out. He is a direct replacement for Waite, who would be expected to return next week. And the team is flat. It's a big opportunity for him to define his future with a strong game. I hope he is encouraged to take the game on and puts in a 4-quarter effort.

so again one week in, three weeks out, great way to develop talent. :thumbsu:

what about we tell Maj, no to stress mate you has 4 to 6 games to settle as a mid/relief ruck and lets see the reward we get, or we can continue our normal developmental process, that has worked so well for us in the past.

It really is a crucial game for Maj. His future at North is still unclear. Goldy desperately needs a chop out. He is a direct replacement for Waite, who would be expected to return next week. And the team is flat. It's a big opportunity for him to define his future with a strong game. I hope he is encouraged to take the game on and puts in a 4-quarter effort.
Same could be said about another half dozen players the only difference is they get a opportunity every week to prove themselves and yet still fail with no consequences.

Same could be said about another half dozen players the only difference is they get a opportunity every week to prove themselves and yet still fail with no consequences.
That's what makes it so frustrating, in that Maj has shown equal to or more than many in the team yet has been managed atrociously, shunted around from emergency list to injury replacement to late out. I wouldn't be surprised if the rumours that Crocker is a Maj supporter but Brad is not have some substance. My take is that Maj doesn't fit into Brad's robotic, structural approach leaving me feeling that the only way things can change is by playing to a level that prevents him being dropped. He should be given a block of games, and coached to bring intensity to his game, because when he attacks the contest and uses his pace, he is a weapon. That we have only seen this in a quarter here or there yet his games still stand up pretty well says to me that his level of play is worthy of more than the odd game here and there, that his potential is still far from being reached, and that he is not being cleverly coached.

Smash 'em tonight, Maj.

Cant wait to see him play tonight. The second half of this season has been awful to watch but if I get to see Anderson, Clarke and Maj play for the rest of the year without any injuries ill get something out of it

You might get more than you expect.

Majak showed massive good signs in the second half against the Hawks. His tackling was awesome. That's exactly what we need from him tonight. I get the impression that he puts too much pressure on himself to take big marks and it works against him. I hope he just focuses on his tackling and relaxes with regard to his marking. I still remember fondly that super 1st quarter of football in his first game that ended so disastrously due to the head knock. It was the most exhilarated I've felt at a game since Carey/McKernan in their heyday. I'm sure anyone else who witnessed it live feels the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back