Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Surgical intervention usually takes care of these things. Patients will normally be offered a round of chemo to prevent a return or to take care of any nasty cell that has breached the margins. But i'd expect Ben to make a full recovery - the surgery is usually a 4-weeker, so may as well let Ben focus on recovery and a huge 2022.

The fu** is that?
I thought it was pretty clear.
Ben just had had surgery , when the testicle in question sensed the presents of a soft mid outsider near by.
What happen next has been pieced together from several eye witness accounts, but investigators were able to follow a sticky white trail, only to find what appeared to be Sam Walsh lying face down in the middle of the street.
Reports state that Sam was heard to repeatably mumble, "no Ben no."

In a side note three single women who witnessed the incident have now fallen pregnant.
North recruiters are said to be thrilled at the future Father/Son/Daughter prospects.

or maybe its just a stupid meme I posted to lighten the mood.

Ben just had had surgery , when the testicle in question sensed the presents of a soft mid outsider near by.
What happen next has been pieced together from several eye witness accounts, but investigators were able to follow a sticky white trail, only to find what appeared to be Sam Walsh lying face down in the middle of the street.

In a side note three single women who witnessed the incident have now fallen pregnant.
North recruiters are said to be thrilled at the future Father/Son/Daughter prospects.

EC651F76-60BE-4E8A-B54C-AC11B569167A.gif

tenor (2).gif

Watching the game on the weekend I remember how many people (pundits and media alike) said we had made the wrong call drafting Cunnington ahead of Gary Rohan.

Maybe I don't watch enough of Rohan, but I wouldn't have thought this was even close now.

Watching the game on the weekend I remember how many people (pundits and media alike) said we had made the wrong call drafting Cunnington ahead of Gary Rohan.

Maybe I don't watch enough of Rohan, but I wouldn't have thought this was even close now.

Cunners is spoken about as a top ten player in the league.

At his best, Rohan is probably around top 150-200.

Correct, not even close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

including, ah hum.... Paul Roos (but now he works for us, so no need to hold a bloke's past against him)

PS: AFL pro stats has Rohan ranked 113, and Cunners 149.... hilarious

Last edited:
He's been good this year. The knock on him has been going missing in finals. Which I can't wait for 😎

Rohan goes missing in big games as well as finals. Has been a bit better this year when Cameron was there and probably now also with Ratugolea playing crash and bash football. Oppositions put more time into Hawkins, Cameron and Ratugolea.

If Geelong fire in the finals he will look a million dollars.

If they struggle, he will get 4 possessions. one of which will go to a team mate and spray the rest. Not up to it in my opinion.

including, ah hum.... Paul Roos (but now he works for us, so no need to hold a bloke's past against him)

Because it’s total ratings points over the last 2 years, capped at 40 games. Cunners accrued zero points from in the stands most of last year. His points per game this year have him much higher.

Rohan goes missing in big games as well as finals. Has been a bit better this year when Cameron was there and probably now also with Ratugolea playing crash and bash football. Oppositions put more time into Hawkins, Cameron and Ratugolea.

If Geelong fire in the finals he will look a million dollars.

If they struggle, he will get 4 possessions. one of which will go to a team mate and spray the rest. Not up to it in my opinion.

Absolutely H,

Rohan is a cameo performer when the rest of the team are up and about, he's certainly not a prime mover that sets up the rest of his teammates like Cunners. There's really no comparison between the two and a player like Rohan would simply be useless for us at the moment. I'm so glad we have Cunners.

Im thinking they got this real early.

Wasnt Ben suffering from lower back pain most of last season and beginning of 2021?

Back pain is a symptom of testicular cancer.

You’d think an AFL footballer, with the medico teams and treatment available to them, would have picked this up straight away.

I know that the AFL Player ratings are flawed but they're pretty close too.

Rohan is ranked 95

1628034030689.png
Cunners is ranked 23
1628034108530.png

Comparing a mid to a General fwd probably isn't fair either.

No news on whether docs were able to save the tumor from Ben's nut??

I know that the AFL Player ratings are flawed but they're pretty close too.

Rohan is ranked 95

View attachment 1195534
Cunners is ranked 23
View attachment 1195535

Comparing a mid to a General fwd probably isn't fair either.

No news on whether docs were able to save the tumor from Ben's nut??
Good point. Interestingly the player around both Ben and Gary on points play similar roles. See bens grouped with mainly midfielders ( bont, through to Sloane,) and Gary with other fwds (Greene, bruest, papley etc...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back