Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think Thomas is Robinson Crusoe....the academy award performances are painful and the mark of the year attempts dont add much value but I think we need to persist with him and campbell.....if we can get the delivery right I reckon these 2 will add value....

also this may just be as simple as Hale getting his head around how a FF plays...when to lead, where to lead, bringing the ball down....once this happens and the small guys understand what Hale is doing then they will work in sync better....you would hope so anyway!

He's having a better year than Campbell at the moment. Drop Matty C for Ross if anyone

Our whole side has been destabilised because of the fundamental problems in the middle.

We don't have the run from defense because Harding and Firrito are up the ground, our small forwards are out of position or not there half the time because they are spending a lot more time in the middle.

In order to patchwork the midfield which largely doesn't get enough of the ball we are pushing a lot of guys out of position to try and get more midfield ball. Thomas and Campbell are not midfielders. It is fine to get them to be able to rotate in and help out but it is going to take away from their main role.

Boomer took a long time to be able to develop into more than just a small forward. They are trying to make Ross more like Boomer but I don't think it suits all players. Not sure if Campbell or Thomas will make that transition and you risk ruining them as potent small forwards by trying to make them into something they are not.

Our club has a fascination with turning talented players in one position into s**t at lots of different positions.

Its harsh to single out just one player without being critical of the whole group, and by group I mean the football department as well, to think we all waited in anticipation all summer to be served up the current tripe.

He's probably worth persevering with.

But for god's sake, is there no-one on the coaching staff who can sit him down and tell him he is getting nowhere, and in fact hurting the team, when he stages for frees / forgets the contest to appeal for a free / gives away a free or 50 for abusing the ump ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he is rubbish... Head ducking continues and tonight if he is not injured, the lack of chasing is inexcusable - that's what he is in the side for...
I am on his case so watching closely - the worst thing he does in my view is the ridiculous flying in the goal square - brings his man in and hasnt taken one for 2 years. None of its new - been doing it for years. Get rid of him NOW!!!!!!!!!!and not for a week -- for 6 weeks and unless he changes a lot, its bye bye

he is rubbish... Head ducking continues and tonight if he is not injured, the lack of chasing is inexcusable - that's what he is in the side for...
I am on his case so watching closely - the worst thing he does in my view is the ridiculous flying in the goal square - brings his man in and hasnt taken one for 2 years. None of its new - been doing it for years. Get rid of him NOW!!!!!!!!!!and not for a week -- for 6 weeks and unless he changes a lot, its bye bye

Mate, Thomas has been like that since day one. He's got games when he shouldn't have and never earned his AFL career, from his first year. But will Dean have the cahoonies to drop him? History suggests not.
Sadly, he has great natural ability, but he is nowhere near harnessing them at the moment.
Before a game in Perth in his first season, I saw him out on the town late at night when he was emergency, and he was a late inclusion.
He clearly rated himself highly by the way he was getting around, and he duly played like an absolute crab the following day, not surprisingly. It was all very concerning.

send him to the VFL......we dont want stagers in our team.....what would a kid like Ziebell think when he puts his head over the ball everytime then looks up and sees Thomas doing a half pike everytime his opponent is within 3 metres of him.....weve got plenty of kids who want the opportunity...

you keep saying this. why? Exactly where does his abilty lie? Kicking goal from handballs over the top in the goal square?

You can't deny he has done some very good things at times. He's been an important player in some wins, does some uncanny stuff around goals, and takes some very good marks for a player of his size.
But he also lets himself down with some real soft crud.

send him to the VFL......we dont want stagers in our team.....what would a kid like Ziebell think when he puts his head over the ball everytime then looks up and sees Thomas doing a half pike everytime his opponent is within 3 metres of him.....weve got plenty of kids who want the opportunity...

What would ben ross be thinking now, thinking how does he get a game. dont know how he went for Werribee but prior to this week he has been gettin 30 touches.

LT is a lazy prick who always has his hands around his hips and has done naught so far. Send him to the 2s and give a bloke an opportunity who wants to wear the blue and white because he doesnt deserve the honour.

Thought he at least looked dangerous. Hale? Flop slop.

I don't know what game you lot watched tonight because Thomas actually improved on his efforts than in recent weeks apart from the lazy attempt at goal in the final minutes of the last quarter . Not once did he stage for a free kick , that's an improvement !

I personally have never seen the fuss people have made in LT. I think he's been built up as a 'potential superstar' by a few regulars on here, and everyone else has believed it instead of using their own two eyes (a common occurence on bigfooty).

Having said that I also don't see the fuss in Lower for the same reason. He's a solid player overall but I don't think what we need in the long-term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back