Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

I personally have never seen the fuss people have made in LT. I think he's been built up as a 'potential superstar' by a few regulars on here, and everyone else has believed it instead of using their own two eyes (a common occurence on bigfooty).

Having said that I also don't see the fuss in Lower for the same reason. He's a solid player overall but I don't think what we need in the long-term.

Yep , Lower is s**t

This is how I see it...........LT takes a dive....Coach picks up the phone and gets the runner to pick him up off the ground and drag his a$$ to the bench where he tells the player that we dont want that sort of sh!t in our proud footy club....do it again and you will be diving into the mud at a ground near the sh!tfarm....

Thomas has great flashy talent, and I think people forget he is young, a second season player. He has a lot of expectation on his shoulders.

Still, he pisses me off royally and I have an ever decreasing tolerance for his s**t.

He categorically cannot get picked next week. Cannot.

Pretty much. He was surely millimeters from being dropped after last week. Cannot play next week.

CAN NOT PLAY NEXT WEEK!!!!

3 weeks now of absolute rubbish. Got on here a couple of weeks ago and could not believe the defense he was getting from some regular posters. They cant of been at the game.
Last week his game was worse again, and this week was ridiculously bad...Confidence is shot.

Out: Harvey, Thomas, Hale, Hansen
In: Smith, Grima, (Two of Wells, Campbell, Anthony, Ross, Harris in that order if available)

Lower is on the edge for mine...

Greenwood has skills but got caught often...deserves to be perservered with for a couple more at least.

Thomas has great flashy talent, and I think people forget he is young, a second season player. He has a lot of expectation on his shoulders.

Still, he pisses me off royally and I have an ever decreasing tolerance for his s**t.

He categorically cannot get picked next week. Cannot.

Third season, actually.
Rest of post correct.

He spends too much time up the ground. He is that exciting goal sneak that can kick a bag when the ball comes firing in, the way we move the ball you need to be an inside midfielder to be any chance because there are 40 people in our forward freaking 50.

He needs a game in the VFL so he can play in a functional gameplan and get a bit of a chance to score some goals.

I really can't stand LT. He is lazy, is a terrible set shot, is not that fast and doesn't understand how to play the role of a small forward. He has had flashes in the past where he has kicked a few goals but he is far too inconsistant and I am leaning towards "he got lucky" for his good performances.

That said, he won't get dropped with Boomer and Campbell out. We need at least one experienced small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomas The Shank Engine spent 90% of the game looking down at the ground. What was he looking at?

That was what infuriated me the most. He'd run about thirty centimetres then do that hands on the thighs, looking at the ground, "f*** me I'm exhausted" look whereas someone like Ziebell would basically be doing the length of the ground and laying tackles every time.

That was what infuriated me the most. He'd run about thirty centimetres then do that hands on the thighs, looking at the ground, "f*** me I'm exhausted" look whereas someone like Ziebell would basically be doing the length of the ground and laying tackles every time.

Yep and with a few more like Jay-Z, who was willing to work his backside off along with Simmo, Urq's (except for the turnovers), and Spitter, we'd actually be competitive. LT's kidding himself, and us, ATM!

That said, he won't get dropped with Boomer and Campbell out. We need at least one experienced small forward.
You're probably right, but that should never be an excuse for picking a player. Always give someone a go that will at least have a go and hopefully re-ignite the player dropped....but this is Laidley.

I really can't stand LT. He is lazy, is a terrible set shot, is not that fast and doesn't understand how to play the role of a small forward. He has had flashes in the past where he has kicked a few goals but he is far too inconsistant and I am leaning towards "he got lucky" for his good performances.

Im sure a bloke like ben ross could rotate between the midfield and the pocket.

With the way we attack the pockets, how can you crumb anyway so it defeats the purpose of a small forward. The thing thats more staggering is that two talls will lead to the same pocket, why not have 1 in 1 spot and 1 in the other.

Creates more options and increase percentages .

i am sure that he will be watching the ABC later on today when Ross, Adams and Benny Speight get a gig for Werribee. might be they dont have the experience you have called for, AFL style, but they all have football experience, and, i dare say a bit more hunger and desire than LT has shown

Terrible performance. I've been telling my father and brother for awhile now that Thomas is absolute crud!. He's been carried my campbell for the better half of last yr and this yr so far. Bring in Ross.

Last 1/4 LT is running in to an almost open goal (about 20 out) with a North player on each side of him, for some reason handballs to Warren as he is about to get tackled. Warren under pressure quickly handballs back to LT whom is now surrounded by 2 Tigers players whom instead of going for a non-pressure goal is forced to kick on his left foot around a Tigers defender; a point instead of what was 10 seconds earlier an almost open non-pressure goal results.

Last 1/4 LT is running in to an almost open goal (about 20 out) with a North player on each side of him, for some reason handballs to Warren as he is about to get tackled. Warren under pressure quickly handballs back to LT whom is now surrounded by 2 Tigers players whom instead of going for a non-pressure goal is forced to kick on his left foot around a Tigers defender; a point instead of what was 10 seconds earlier an almost open non-pressure goal results.

But he's got TALENT!!

Yup. Time for a stint in the magoos.

won read this whole thread as my pc was running as slow as thomas last night.

but geez he looked slow slow he looked fat!!

if harris has no engine (please bring him in) then lt is a caboose. watching opposition players run past him at arms length and not bothering to chase.

please drop him.

lazy, disinterested, no second efforts...terrible performance. again.

bye bye LT.

I thought he was better last night. Kept his head over the ball & didn't play for any (that I can remember). All that being said, he is still playing poorly & could do with a spell. Got the feeling we could change about 5 players tho.

I've said it before, we have no defensive pressure in the forward line and this is to do with both Thomas and Campbell being lazy b***ards. I'm telling you I have been to all Werribee games and we need Ross in the side, also Goldstein has been playing great he would give us much better around the ground than Hamish does. Hams just does not do enough forward or in defense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back