Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard or read somewhere he wont be offered a contact until AFTER trade period - so does that mean he's first to be cut of the un-contracted players if he trade well i wonder...??

Heard or read somewhere he wont be offered a contact until AFTER trade period - so does that mean he's first to be cut of the un-contracted players if he trade well i wonder...??

Yeah if we get Jack Martin, could be see ya later.

Could also mean they don’t no how much money they will have available to offer him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delisted, to be re-rookied:

UTILITY Mark Baguley is set to play on with Essendon in 2019, but only after being delisted and re-rookied.

AFL.com.au understands the 31-year-old will be retained as a rookie by the Bombers to ensure an eighth AFL season next year.

NAB AFL TRADE HUB Latest news, videos and live blog

Deployed as a forward in the latter stages of 2018, Baguley notched 20 games and was in the Bombers' best and fairest top 10 after 19 rounds.

Following the delistings of Brendon Goddard, Josh Green and Jackson Merrett and departure of Travis Colyer to Fremantle, Baguley is set to be rewarded with another season.

WHO'S LEAVING YOUR CLUB? All the latest retirements and delistings

Taken as a mature-age rookie selection ahead of the 2012 season, Baguley has played 124 games in seven seasons, mostly in defence.

It comes after defender Michael Hartley re-signed for 2019, while No.2 ruckman Matthew Leuenberger is edging closer to a re-commitment with the club.

Other Bombers awaiting decisions on their future include Jake Long, Ben McNiece, Trent Mynott and Matt Dea.

With the acquisition of Dylan Shiel set to bolster the Bombers' midfield, the Bombers enter the draft at pick 34, while also holding selections 66 and 84.

No mention of it on the clubs site or via email though so it's an unconfirmed report.
I mean, it's on the league website, they probably know things

Huge second half of the year. Underated by many the impact that he had when went forward. Should have gotten a year on the main list as far as I am concerned.

What on earth is a rookie list these days?
It needs to be scrapped or renamed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back