AFL Player #12: Will Setterfield - Out for +/- 2 weeks with a knee - 7/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Ill Allow It GIF

Now, for more important issues, #5 or #10? our most revered numbers have been sullied of late..
Perkins #5
Jones #10

Perkins #5
Jones #10
It depends on who we draft for me. I'd let pick 5 have 5 or 10. Jones to 18 and Martin potentially the other high number

It depends on who we draft for me. I'd let pick 5 have 5 or 10. Jones to 18 and Martin potentially the other high number
5 is such a special number for me. I dont like it going to a draftee, I didnt even like it going to Smith. It's one that has to be earnt (don't ask me why, just a vibe I have).

18 and 3 are the same, 10 is one I can take or leave. Jones to 18 I can cop, but just not Weideman.

God no, weights and exercise is the last thing you want to be doing. I've found that when I'm holding my beer I can put on 5-6kgs easy (unless you exercise, I've got no idea where clubs get their 'fitness people'.)

Pale Ale. More calories per serve.
You really wanna load up I saw this the other day.

FB_IMG_1665210182954.jpg
How quickly would a slab of this put the weight on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with Setters. We need more players in his age bracket and he’s got talent. Adds more size

great pickup- i’ll back our football program and development team to get the best out of a top ten draft pick when other teams couldn’t.

Seeing his highlight package show he’s got the skills and talent but I don’t belive he’s touched on it at afl level yet … get his head right and this guy could be a serious star quality…. Take Hirds old number 5

Seeing his highlight package show he’s got the skills and talent but I don’t belive he’s touched on it at afl level yet … get his head right and this guy could be a serious star quality…. Take Hirds old number 5
Agreed.. the highlights are very high.

If he is going to make it, I think he needs to beef himself up to 90-92kgs (87kgs currently).

Carlton slimmed him down to play on the wing. We have plenty of guys to play on the outside, what we are missing is a beef cake that can carve out space for himself or the teammate behind him to win the ball in tight.

That's his go, and his point of difference to get a game next year.

Yep, another 3-5kg’s of lean muscle, a glistening summer tan and a fresh hair cut should have him primed for round 1.

Happy with Setters. We need more players in his age bracket and he’s got talent. Adds more size

Feel this is right in the same mould as 2MP. He was in the running for pick 1 which suggests the boy can football.

It's now down to us to harness his skillset and give him and us the best chance of success with him in the senior side

I’d feel a lot more comfortable if we paid something decent for him.
Why so cheap!?
Was out of contract, we only offered him 1yr, on very little coin.
It’s very likely u have given him 2 (3 at a stretch) on better money & the abilty to play inside mid (something we have plenty of )
The pick swap is a small token,
this was done to help Will & manage our players well.
BTW- He doesn’t need to put on kgs, they will hurt not help him. You got a good free player who immediately improves your side.
Hope he goes well for you but u still lose every game 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back