#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balme said that what Caro wrote in her article regarding the prevailing view that Richmond will cut ties is incorrect.
Yarran is paying out of his own pocket for Couch to be his personal trainer, it's abundantly clear that he wants to get back.
If he comes back a few kgs overweight then so be it. It wouldn't take long to lose that excess weight during a pre-season, especially if they go up to Cairns again for a training camp.
Even more confident he plays round 1, based on today's news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, this situation is mostly just bad luck. We can only look at his actions and I'm actually really happy with Yarran.

- It's not his fault he was struck by a crippling mental illness
- Yarran hasn't given up, he's responded by giving his best effort to get back into peak fitness (even though he's not there yet, he's making the effort)

I'll always support a Tiger player who is putting in the effort. Anyone who shows negativity towards Yaz is ignorant about mental illness, but I think the love is pretty universal on here so well done Tiger fans :thumbsu:

Someone early on made some calculations on his salary, which under the CBA will be getting paid , how much does that work out to per game now assuming he gets back for say round 12 and plays every game ( 36 ) till the end of his contract?

My maths isn't great but say he is on 400k that would work out to about 30k per game, inspired investment

That's why I asked the question what happened with Carlton and Yarran while he was there, so we get a perspective. Anyway it's the past, so hopefully Yarran recovers and comes back to AFL.
Who's to say it's even workplace related though? I'm not sure how you can say that something happened at Carlton and therefore they're the ones to blame, or something like that?

And then to say that Gibbs wants out too because they're some sort of misery centre or something...? Come on, man.

Balme said that what Caro wrote in her article regarding the prevailing view that Richmond will cut ties is incorrect.
Yarran is paying out of his own pocket for Couch to be his personal trainer, it's abundantly clear that he wants to get back.
If he comes back a few kgs overweight then so be it. It wouldn't take long to lose that excess weight during a pre-season, especially if they go up to Cairns again for a training camp.
Even more confident he plays round 1, based on today's news.

is he paying his own phone bill too like dusty :D

I hope you're not referring to me as I did not make any negative comments.I made a comment based on Yarran's physical shape based on an article v my Bro's observations.
There have been two articles since backing up the fact his shape is still poor.
The whole discussion was taken out of context by a poster who has made numerous personal,abusive and slandering comments towards me and other posters.Then of course the village "Yes men" jumped on board and turned the thread to s**t.I f you want to play the Good Samaritan then you should be advocating for BF Tiger peace among us and not encouraging poor behaviour by posters and exacerbating their behaviour.
Trolls with an agenda. Care to explain ?????To me it's village Yes men with an agenda to cover and mask incompetence.
You do cop a bit to be honest. You kind of have the boy who cried wolf thing going on. I can honestly say that i dont agree with much you say and thats ok. Ive also noticed you have been trying to clean up your way of pointing out the negatives you see, but you dont like people calling you a downer cos you point out negatives, using words like good samaritan, or rose coloured glass comments to those that lean toward optimism is just fueling the fire. If this is what you want then go ahead, your doing an amazing job but if you want others to stop taking pot shots at you stop doing it yourself

I didn't even mention you. Perhaps your conscience has been aroused.
I don't know why you use the biblical allusion to the Samaritans, which was based on the prevailing view at the time among the Jews that all Samaritans were campaigners except for one good one. Strange.
I do not encourage poor behaviour. How you formed this allegation I have no idea.
Yes, trolls have an agenda. It's a characteristic of trolls.
Please don't tell me what I should be doing based on your own false assumptions.

Marry me.

? This news makes you think he wont play? I thought the opposite from it.
I guess now we are getting a clearer picture of just how bad his mental health issues are and most of us are coming to the conclusion that's it's unlikely he continues his career. Would be a phenomenal effort to get back and play to a high level and you'd think it would only be a matter of time before he relapses as is usually the case with mental illness.

Someone early on made some calculations on his salary, which under the CBA will be getting paid , how much does that work out to per game now assuming he gets back for say round 12 and plays every game ( 36 ) till the end of his contract?

My maths isn't great but say he is on 400k that would work out to about 30k per game, inspired investment

This is stupid.

If their salary = paid "per game", they're putting hundreds of gruelling hours into pre-season without getting paid a cent.

Not to mention performance clauses in his contract would likely be a factor.

Oh my god.. I give up.

It's a ******* photo, dude. Do you know how photography works? It's a still image of any given point in time. How do you think the paperazzi make so much money? How can you suggest that he doesn't look happy because he's got a ball tucked under his arm doing laps around the oval? You're right! He should be smiling while he's doing laps.

Exactly what I thought. I personally don't smile when I run. He is running by himself, it's a serious task. Not a jovial experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is stupid.

If their salary = paid "per game", they're putting hundreds of gruelling hours into pre-season without getting paid a cent.

Not to mention performance clauses in his contract would likely be a factor.
Money vs output, Cotchin does the same preseason and hundreds of gruelling hours too per game he is on less so it's all relative

I hope you're not referring to me as I did not make any negative comments.I made a comment based on Yarran's physical shape based on an article v my Bro's observations.
There have been two articles since backing up the fact his shape is still poor.
The whole discussion was taken out of context by a poster who has made numerous personal,abusive and slandering comments towards me and other posters.Then of course the village "Yes men" jumped on board and turned the thread to s**t.I f you want to play the Good Samaritan then you should be advocating for BF Tiger peace among us and not encouraging poor behaviour by posters and exacerbating their behaviour.
Trolls with an agenda. Care to explain ?????To me it's village Yes men with an agenda to cover and mask incompetence.

WOW

Your account must be hacked if the above is true. Someone using your handle at every turn posts nothing but rumor and inuendo at every post about yarran. If a positive comes to light that poster would say its pr spin etc and again post yaz wont play again.

I have highlighted it below. Go download Norton TI as your account is compromised obviously.

SO his wife will come back ,God will resurrect the ped his old man murdered in prison and all of his crimes wil be dismissed and Dad will be a free man.Then all his gambling issues will stop and miraculously CY will be back to his best:drunk:tick tick tick tick

Agree with you here AT,but these exist and gambling would be the least of the issues i mentioned.He's lost his family and Dad's in jail are more severe.
So you're telling me CY form drop off was a massive decay of his actual ability? If so. Then we're xxxxxx.

Partner shot through on him .ok technicality there.Gambling is well known ,but can be counselled and managed.Dad committed a murder which would have added torment and depression.Something must have affected him to go right off. i'm just looking at possible causes.They're not rumors and the admin wanted him gone as he was well out of favor. why ?we don't know,but put some pieces together.I'm just hoping you guys are all right and he plays his best footy for us

There were mentions of gambling issues b4 he arrived here

So he's overcome his gambling issues rumoured from 2015 ?
Drinking and gambling were the rumours going around with massive family issues(Father plus partner). If all true it Sounds like it was a horrible recipe for disaster .
Wish him well and I hope he retires if he cannot get back to standard since football at a professional level is hard enough as it is even when all cylinders are running

Not me mate. I just want facts not bs like I spoke to a bloke who reckons he's his cousin and he said. ......

Great, but what happens if he cannot meet the requirements?
I'm thinking the worse case scenario

from oer

KB was asked today on SEN a oh Chris Yarran and his opionion was this: from the information he has heard it will be lucky if Chris Yarran ever plays again and then he wished him well.

I think at this stage forget about Chris Yarran playing, and hope he gets his life back on track first before anything else.

Now there are heaps more. I do find it funny that you also claim not to read HS yet link any negitive articles and you only want facts yet try to blither about the story of yaz meeting your bro.

Last point and its a killer. Every negitive post some from obvious trolls all get a like from you. Bottom line we are ot idiots TI so please own what you post instead of getting thread locked when you get pinned to actually give a straight answer.

WOW

Your account must be hacked if the above is true. Someone using your handle at every turn posts nothing but rumor and inuendo at every post about yarran. If a positive comes to light that poster would say its pr spin etc and again post yaz wont play again.

I have highlighted it below. Go download Norton TI as your account is compromised obviously.

Now there are heaps more. I do find it funny that you also claim not to read HS yet link any negitive articles and you only want facts yet try to blither about the story of yaz meeting your bro.

"Drops the mic"

Money vs output, Cotchin does the same preseason and hundreds of gruelling hours too per game he is on less so it's all relative

...and Cotchin's output during those games warrants a higher yearly salary.

AFL players don't just show up for 2 hours a week and get paid for what we see them do on-field.

They're paid for their day-to-day workload like everyone else, with adjustments made due to performance clauses.

It's silly to break it down as if everything they earn is based on the 2 hours we see them play.

my suggestion he looks haunted seems to be supported by the reality of his situation

He is running around an oval by himself. How do you look when/if you do that?
Not only would I look haunted, I'd look utterly exasperated.

my suggestion he looks haunted seems to be supported by the reality of his situation
We know he's having issues, but your telling us all that based on the photo that it confirms everything.

It's a photo. Just because you take a photo of a blue sky, doesn't mean its sunny every minute of every hour of every day. Does it?

You do cop a bit to be honest. You kind of have the boy who cried wolf thing going on. I can honestly say that i dont agree with much you say and thats ok. Ive also noticed you have been trying to clean up your way of pointing out the negatives you see, but you dont like people calling you a downer cos you point out negatives, using words like good samaritan, or rose coloured glass comments to those that lean toward optimism is just fueling the fire. If this is what you want then go ahead, your doing an amazing job but if you want others to stop taking pot shots at you stop doing it yourself

Some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Sage words though :thumbsu:

no you wouldn't

I think you're overstating my fitness base and enjoyment, or lack there of when running.

All I'm saying is, most people don't look happy when running, this isn't a TV ad. Sit at the TAN and watch people running by themselves, I strongly doubt they will be smiling.

Thanks for your advice mate ,but I don't care what opinion people have as it's their personal view. I actually like debate and discussion bc more information surfaces after the brain storming. What is a concern is when a poster enters the discussion and idiot with other abuse is used ,yet they have not added anything of value to the debate. The Good Samaritan reference was more indicating to Helen Wheels (who I have great respect for) that if you're going to call people out as trolls then name them including their agenda bc it could be seen as being disruptive . Otherwise petrol is just being added to the fire rather than solving BF angst .
As I've stated it's about 4-5 posters on here that get on the verbal abuse band wagon and it's totally unwarranted bc good discussion is often lost. I fall victim to doing the same in my defence ,but I just have to learn to walk away more often;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back