#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
my suggestion he looks haunted seems to be supported by the reality of his situation

This is a perfect example of people wanting/beleving yaz will fail. Photo goes up and he has a haunted look??? Ffs lol. He is training on his own running laps lol.

People say he looks fat. He looks like a off season player to me but they ignore the photo shows Yaz running and training, just focus on the negitive

Oh my god.. I give up.

It's a ******* photo, dude. Do you know how photography works? It's a still image of any given point in time. How do you think the paperazzi make so much money? How can you suggest that he doesn't look happy because he's got a ball tucked under his arm doing laps around the oval? You're right! He should be smiling while he's doing laps.
Media have a long history of making sure they capture Richmond players wearing a frown for sales.

Especially considering pretty much the whole football world knew he had issues before we stepped in and gave him 3 years on big bucks as well as what we gave up to get him re draft picks. Ridiculous decision.
If we hadn't traded for him, those renowned morons at Hawthorn would have.

I guess now we are getting a clearer picture of just how bad his mental health issues are and most of us are coming to the conclusion that's it's unlikely he continues his career. Would be a phenomenal effort to get back and play to a high level and you'd think it would only be a matter of time before he relapses as is usually the case with mental illness.
I see.
The whole getting his own personal trainer and starting to work out before the pre-season even starts gives me hope tho.
Seems to me that shows he wants to play, and thats the best news I have heard about him for a year.

Buddy came back this year and played at a very high level. May not have been as bad as Yarrans issues, but Franklin did miss finals so they must have been fairly bad.

Especially considering pretty much the whole football world knew he had issues before we stepped in and gave him 3 years on big bucks as well as what we gave up to get him re draft picks. Ridiculous decision.

Have you got any reference to support that?

Most of BF at least suddenly got wise after the event...

I see.
The whole getting his own personal trainer and starting to work out before the pre-season even starts gives me hope tho.
Seems to me that shows he wants to play, and thats the best news I have heard about him for a year.

Buddy came back this year and played at a very high level. May not have been as bad as Yarrans issues, but Franklin did miss finals so they must have been fairly bad.

Also starting pre season with the first year players shows yaz knows he has to earn respect, i applaud him for it.

This is a perfect example of people wanting/beleving yaz will fail. Photo goes up and he has a haunted look??? Ffs lol. He is training on his own running laps lol.

People say he looks fat. He looks like a off season player to me but they ignore the photo shows Yaz running and training, just focus on the negitive
Sorry champ, but Balme just stated this and it's not offseason puppy fat:

"Balme conceded Yarran was overweight after a long period out of the game and away from a full-time AFL program. "

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-28/tigers-havent-given-up-on-yarran-balme

Sorry champ, but Balme just stated this and it's not offseason puppy fat:

"Balme conceded Yarran was overweight after a long period out of the game and away from a full-time AFL program. "

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-28/tigers-havent-given-up-on-yarran-balme
Theres also 5 months until Round 1. That is a huge amount of time, enough for even a normal person with normal exercise to drop a lot of weight and get in shape. He also doesn't even have to play Round 1. Say he comes back mid year, after the bye thats almost 8 months away.

8 months with professional program to get fit and in shape for AFL level. Unless hes obese, thats plenty of time if its what he wants.

Some Carlton posters think Richmond got dudded in the Yarran deal. So do some Tiger posters.

My view is that Carlton didn't want him and were prepared to play dog-in-the-manger with other clubs, especially RFC, even to the point of sequestering him in the VFL for the 2016 season. If CFC knew about his mental health issues, they were quite happy to exacerbate them, rather than deal with them.
Your mob got good service out of him (often to our detriment as you would happily acknowledge, may I add) but we recognised him as a great player who would be a good fit in our club.
Now he's with us, we hope to provide the correct care and atmosphere to revive his career.
Whereas CFC doesn't give a s**t.

he wanted out like a lot of players who think a fresh start will do them good and reignite their interest or energy - we supported him endlessly and still do - would love to see him screaming off the wing and rocketing it down jack's throat - clearly not against us you'll appreciate - bagging out another club as not having all players' welfare paramount is uncalled for - only one shitswamp entity used its players as experimental lab rats and it wasn't yours or mine

I thought uncalled for would be a board where the general response to yarren having any mental health setback is "lol - suck s**t yarren!!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media have a long history of making sure they capture Richmond players wearing a frown for sales.
If the best that Uncle Rupert's sensationalist rags such as the HUN can do is target Yaz at an off angle while training, then they really must try harder.
Remember, this is the media proprietor (disgraced) whose News of the World scandal sheet had to be closed for dishonesty and muck-raking.
However, his rags are undeniably powerful and it would not be the only time they've gleefully partaken in savaging innocent people.

So, we know he is training, we know he has a long way to go and is overwieght, we know he's resuming on Nov 7 and we know there's 6 months before the seasons starts.
Personally i hope he makes it back to cramm it up the detractors arseholes because this thread has some disturbing comments in it.
Secondly if the tigers can get this bloke back on track in life and playing good football, geez, that's gotta be one of the best statements a club can make.
Go Yazz. ******* smash it in and get back on the field my man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone early on made some calculations on his salary, which under the CBA will be getting paid , how much does that work out to per game now assuming he gets back for say round 12 and plays every game ( 36 ) till the end of his contract?

My maths isn't great but say he is on 400k that would work out to about 30k per game, inspired investment

Don't forget much of his pay would be tied up in match payments and performance incentives. If he doesn't play he would forfeit a substantial amount of his contract.

He probably still makes 150k base salary so pretty good

Have you got any reference to support that?

Most of BF at least suddenly got wise after the event...
Due diligence failure, there should have been no surprises about what we were getting with CY, whether Carlton were being deceptive or not.

I'm sure Richmond had dug up enough to know there were issues, but succumbed to the pressure to sign a doozy.

So no off season player gains weight in the off season and then has to train before pre season to work it off?

Surprised champ as your always positive about yarran:drunk:
What is with the drunk face emoji? I will repeat out of Balme's mouth the words he said. This is nothing to do with me being positive or negative ,it's about making a statement based on facts.I hope you are not part of our fitness team if you think off season players should look like that.
Yarran's case is different as we all know,but your comments suggest you're thinking he will be ready and running by round one. If so, then you're being unrealistic. I'm hoping he will be ready to room into vfl by then and build his tank up and match fitness by Rd11 or at the turn after the bye. He has a long road ahead of him and hes taken one small step for the rfc and one large step for himself.

He does look pretty thick in that photo. Wonder what he thinks of the additional pressure on him in light of today's articles. The club is definitely putting the blowtorch on him now.

If the best that Uncle Rupert's sensationalist rags such as the HUN can do is target Yaz at an off angle while training, then they really must try harder.
Remember, this is the media proprietor (disgraced) whose News of the World scandal sheet had to be closed for dishonesty and muck-raking.
However, his rags are undeniably powerful and it would not be the only time they've gleefully partaken in savaging innocent people.

Doesn't Uncle Rupert own The Age not the Herald Sun?

From the AFL article

The Tigers remain content with Yarran's progress after he spent much of last season dealing with personal and family issues, which have now left him struggling to get back to full fitness.

The club believes his progress has not deviated from their agreed off-season plan, which centred on personal training in his break with VFL player and ex-Demon Tom Couch.​

So he is a bit overweight and not 100% after a year off battling depression. But is back in training and doing what the club's fitness staff want him to. Not fantastic, but not bad. Basically if he keeps at it he should be AFL fit come 2017 and if he is anywhere near a good headspace will play.

So we paid pick 19 for a supremely talented player with mental problems. We lost 1 year to those problems, but might get him good for next year. If he plays to anywhere near his talent we have one of the best running players in the league. Worth well more than pick 19. If he goes missing again we get nothing for a very good pick. More importantly than that (As per good practice I'm ignoring sunk costs _ I'll discuss if anyone wants me to) Yaz can transform our ability to attack the opposition. A fit and firing Yarran will allow us to move the ball quickly and accurately to dangerous spots. He will also free up Houli, Markov, Menadue, Short, BEllis, because he is better than them and so is the number one to target for oppositions.

I am hopeful that he gets well and plays even better. Because I suspect it would help him as a person, and it will really help the tigers as a team.

If we are lucky and Prestia, Caddy and Yaz all play well next year the RFC is likely to go deep in September. And with the right game plan and leadership could go all the way. So many ifs and things needing to go right. But Yarran is good enough to be worth the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back