Past #13: Ryan Clarke - officially traded to Sydney in exchange for #61 in 2018 ND - thanks Clarkey

Remove this Banner Ad

For those of you who attend games, keep a close eye on Clarke during our inside 50 stoppages. The kid shows a lot of smarts there and sets up better than most of our forwards.

The kid just needs to keep gut running and the rest will take care of itself.

He'll be alright. Needs to work on his defensive application but has sufficient attributes to make it.

yep, needs to actually chase with purpose.
hes either extremely slow, or just doesnt want to chase.

He'll be alright. Needs to work on his defensive application but has sufficient attributes to make it.
I agree with you but who would be pushing 'defensive application' at the NMFC coaching level - none of our other mids have defensive application now that Jacobs is out and its clearly not a priority of Brad's. This is my concern - poor habits are being passed onto younger players.

He's been terrible this year. A few nice goals but no midfield impact.

I'm hoping he turns it around.
Its them loopy handballs and the want to make it someone else's problem. Needs to spend some time watching cunners.

I agree with you but who would be pushing 'defensive application' at the NMFC coaching level - none of our other mids have defensive application now that Jacobs is out and its clearly not a priority of Brad's. This is my concern - poor habits are being passed onto younger players.
Brad is overly defensive though.... In the past he's had midfielders at half back for seasons before throwing them into the midfield.

On GT-N7105T using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played a very good game for Werribee on Saturday, plenty of the ball and plenty of tackles, responded to being dropped in the best possible way.

Tackling and defensive pressure clearly why he was dropped. Didn't lay a single tackle against the Suns, 10 in the VFL this week. Should be straight back in.

Tackling and defensive pressure clearly why he was dropped. Didn't lay a single tackle against the Suns, 10 in the VFL this week. Should be straight back in.
Selection committee dont know wtf their doing. The selection of the team week in week out has Scotts written all over it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure that Brad is getting the best out of Ryan (or that Ryan is responding to Brad's style).

This needs to be worked out quickly - 10 tackles in the vfl means Ryan should have been promoted - Clarkey is a good player and needs to be playing firsts footy.

Last edited:
Not sure that Brad is getting the best out of Ryan (or that Ryan is responding to Brad's style).

This needs to be worked out quickly - 10 tackles in the vcl means Ryan should have been promoted - Clarkey is a good player and needs to be playing firsts footy.
Not really. I was saying it wouldnt surprise me if he is in the VFL again as I think they want to see him follow that up in a consecutive game. Thats half of his problem....needs to pull his finger out and put continuous effort. Has another game like that and he will come back in...probably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back