Past #13: Ryan Clarke - officially traded to Sydney in exchange for #61 in 2018 ND - thanks Clarkey

Remove this Banner Ad

Not worth a tenner at least? Ball magnet at lower levels, showed enough in year one to indicate that he can compete at the level, a year ahead of most other contenders, will almost certainly play round one.
Bloody hell. Went to put a tenner on Clarke at $101 and he's in to $51 now already. A few getting on him by the looks.

Snooze lose I guess!

A good/ordinary midfielder in a bottom 10 side will never win the Rising Star. There are too many stand out young players in this year's draft. Clarke will play 200 games, but sadly isn't in the same league as most of this year's draft crop.

A good/ordinary midfielder in a bottom 10 side will never win the Rising Star. There are too many stand out young players in this year's draft. Clarke will play 200 games, but sadly isn't in the same league as most of this year's draft crop.

But how many of them will play 20+ games and Clarke has a season of experience as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever Brisbane, Essendon and Carlton take will all play 22 games if fit. Clarke is a solid footballer in the Andrew Swallow mold. Will play a lot of football but isn't in the elite category.
Disagree completely, he has a lot more potential than you're giving him credit for and I reckon he'll be in our top 3 players in a few years time.

What are you basing that on?
I'm both narcissistic and lazy so I'll just quote myself, all speculative but I have a great feeling about this guy and his potential to be AFL elite.
You just can't teach that thirst for success, and Clarkey has it and then some. I remember reading about him last year playing for Oakleigh in the TAC cup and he was a solid citizen, nothing too special in the home and away. They made finals but finished around the bottom half of the eight, and no-one really expected them to go far, but Clarkey took his game to another level completely in the finals, averaged about 35 possies and 3 goals a game and basically single-handedly dragged them into a grand final. That's why I was so ***** stoked we picked him up, he has the mental strength, desire and passion that sometimes seems lacking in our team, and that's also why I am genuinely convinced that in 2-3 years time he will be a star of the competition and in our top 3 players. He just has that extra something that sets the elite players apart from the rest of the game, and I can't wait to see where it takes him in the years to come.

Disagree. He has ALOT more skill than Andrew Swallow. IMO you are selling him short.
I think you're selling Swallow short. If he has half the determination and will to win the contest like Swallow he will be a great player. Swallow's achilles injury really shortened his high quality football production.

I think you're selling Swallow short. If he has half the determination and will to win the contest like Swallow he will be a great player. Swallow's achilles injury really shortened his high quality football production.
So did his double knee ops last year! Spitta is going to Utah so I think with a pre season of doing everything he will shock a few here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back