Delisted #14: Jason Ashby - Delisted 16/9

Remove this Banner Ad

do you know how his pace is? do you think he will get games next year?

Middle range pace with great endurance.

As is the case with basically all of the first to third year players outside the best 22, if Ashby is getting games it is because he is playing outstanding footy. With the looming strength of the best 25 next year, and assuming a similarly good run with injury in 2014, Ashby could play some seriously good footy and still miss out but it wouldn't mean much as far as his development is concerned.

I'd expect that he gets thrown a couple in the same way Hams was this year.

I've been thinking for a while about Ashby and how he flew under radars alot this year.
being our first (after Joe) selection in the draft it seems to me he had a mediocre year in the VFL and almost gets a free pass into next year.

so here's the spotlight back onto Jason, bumping the thread, hoping to get some VFL watchers opinions on his year and predictions for next year.

im hoping he gets given alot of game time for the NAB cup, mainly so i can see him play against mostly AFL size and pace opposition.

i've been talking him up for the last 6 months, and last night he showed exactly why.

He doesn't make mistakes, uses the footy well, makes smart decisions with the ball and is strong and courageous in the air. He'll be a great player for us for a long time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like how Bomber highlighted the 3 youngsters Ashby, Gleeson and Merrett as all likely to play fairly early this season and already within 3 rounds we will get to see all of them playing. Gleeson in particular looks likely to hold onto a spot for a while, whilst I'm sure Merrett will will come back in at some point. Less subterfuge from Bomber just for the sake of it. I'm sure he will play games with selections at some point but when it comes to whether rookies will play, why bother?

Did not look out of it tonight, at all.

It seems, that as per the presser, we have a few new guys to blood that are bloody good.

Congrats on a great first game.

Have always been jealous of teams like Geelong, Collingwood, Hawthorn who just have impressive youngsters. But they are entering into very good systems. We could now claim to be joining these likes with the ability to bring in youngsters and expect them to have an impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back