Past #14: Jordan Gysberts - acquired via trade for Cam Pedersen - delisted at the end of the 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither Jacobs or Jizzberts will be in our next Premiership team, move along nothing to see here........

I saw a post on the Carlton board earlier in the week saying we were going to delist him if we couldn't arrange a trade. Is there any truth this? I'm very skeptical and want Gysberts to stay.
There was an article that stated he was looking for a new club. I also heard second hand he had some not so nice things to say about the facilities and the clubs policies on players paying for certain things.

Anyway, I think he was worth giving a shot to, he knows how to find the footy, but perhaps just not up to standard.

There was an article that stated he was looking for a new club. I also heard second hand he had some not so nice things to say about the facilities and the clubs policies on players paying for certain things.

Anyway, I think he was worth giving a shot to, he knows how to find the footy, but perhaps just not up to standard.

That doesn't sound like him at all tbh Tron. Very quiet and shy is Jizza.

Presumably paying for the trip to Utah?

That doesn't sound like him at all tbh Tron. Very quiet and shy is Jizza.
That may indeed be the case mate, but it is what I heard. Hopefully it is nothing but bullshit.

I think he's better than Jacobs -at this stage- but the match committee obviously see it differently.

To be fair that isn't saying much, Jacobs was very underwhelming this year.

If Gizza couldn't dominate VFL at his age then he simply may not be up to AFL level I suspect. Reckon he will get delisted, but if he got another year that would be fair enough.

To be fair that isn't saying much, Jacobs was very underwhelming this year.

If Gizza couldn't dominate VFL at his age then he simply may not be up to AFL level I suspect. Reckon he will get delisted, but if he got another year that would be fair enough.

Lol, so true, we cant mess about with timewasters anymore, they are not up to it, end of story, delist!

Lol, so true, we cant mess about with timewasters anymore, they are not up to it, end of story, delist!

Well, timewasters is a bit harsh JackR, but I know where you are coming from.

What I will say is with what appears talented players coming through (Lmac, Garner, Wood, and no doubt one or two more trades/free agents etc), to add to the quality players we already have, we can be and should be far more decisive with our list management as we become a stronger team.

This has me interested now JR. We have some ordinary players I agree, but which would you term 'time wasters' on our current list? (and no, you can't name Hansen! ;) )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has me interested now JR. We have some ordinary players I agree, but which would you term 'time wasters' on our current list? (and no, you can't name Hansen! ;) )

Current list of 'time-wasters' by my definition;

Jordan Jizzberts
Ben Jacobs
Liam Anthony
Will Sierakowski
Ayden Kennedy
Robbie Tarrant (tough call)
Sam Wright(tough call)

Thats actually quite a lot of players list-clogging, we can and must do better.

Past use-by.....

Mick Firitto
Scott McMahon (borderline depending on pre-season)

Going going.....(for more opportunities)

Luke Delaney
Levi Greenwood

Up until 2013 Hansen would have definately made the 'time-waster' list but has shown enough for one more season, will reassess after that whether he is going to be signed long-term or trade-baited.

It would stagger me to see an inside midfielder given 1 year early in his career after being Melbourne'd to become a top 22 player.

Same here, unless there was an attitude and/or lack of application issue we're unaware of. Without being in and around the players all week every week we're left to speculate.

Same here, unless there was an attitude and/or lack of application issue we're unaware of. Without being in and around the players all week every week we're left to speculate.

Why aren't you aware of it? That was Neeld's reason for giving him up in the first place (though who trusts Mark Neeld?)

Why aren't you aware of it? That was Neeld's reason for giving him up in the first place (though who trusts Mark Neeld?)
What is your view? Keep in mind I've seen you bag Neeld relentlessly on the Melbourne board.

Is Neeld right, or was Gysberts hard done by?

What is your view? Keep in mind I've seen you bag Neeld relentlessly on the Melbourne board.

Is Neeld right, or was Gysberts hard done by?

Mixture of both. Neeld was pretty much never right, and I thought he was an idiot for giving Gysberts away (still do in a way, considering what we've been lumped with in return), but his lack of game time this year probably means that something is up.

Shame really, I hope he finds another club because his first few games were excellent.

I still remember boasting About Scully, Trengove, Gysberts and Tapscott :oops:

Also, I was right about Neeld. His time was up at quarter time of Round 2 this season.

Mixture of both. Neeld was pretty much never right, and I thought he was an idiot for giving Gysberts away (still do in a way, considering what we've been lumped with in return), but his lack of game time this year probably means that something is up.

Shame really, I hope he finds another club because his first few games were excellent.

I still remember boasting About Scully, Trengove, Gysberts and Tapscott :oops:

Also, I was right about Neeld. His time was up at quarter time of Round 2 this season.

Absolutely, Neeld was done. I suppose either the talk about Gysberts now is overblown and he gives it a real crack at North, or he sulks of to a third club. I wonder how many players have had such short stints at two clubs and gone on to have a successful career at a third?

IIRC in 2010 Scully and Trengove were rested for a game at Kardinia. Gysberts debuted and picked up quite a few touches for a first gamer. Obviously has some potential.

Probably because I'm not "in and around the players all week every week" as I stated in the post. Self explanatory.

IIRC in 2010 Scully and Trengove were rested for a game at Kardinia. Gysberts debuted and picked up quite a few touches for a first gamer. Obviously has some potential.

26 touches, 8 marks and 3 tackles in a 10 goal loss.

Backed it up the next week with 27 touches against Carlton in a 40 point loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back