AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Wins Yiooken in first game back - 25/5

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was omitted for structure. Woosha said it was because St Kilda play a slightly smaller forward line. I think he will be back this week.
I wonder what made him think that?

If he can’t fit in on the HB line play him on a wing. He knows how to present which will help our ball movement and can roll back as a plus one when needed. Much more practical than playing Parish who should be in the guts out there when he doesn’t have the tools to help.

Well give them time together so they can adjust. They are both big parts of our future, might as well iron out the kinks now.
I'm sure if we did that and Worsfold said "they're both a big part of our future might as well iron out the kinks now" everything would be fine. Just don't mention the P-word.

So it looks like Ridley is now going to play KPD, probably as cover for injuries.

Only Essendon, it's not just Worsfold, this sort of rubbish has been happening at least since 2013, when I started following it carefully, could find a way to exclude one of its brightest assets from a team, that on merit of performance he is a top 10 member of, for list balance.

He is capable of doing any job on an AFL field Guelif, Francis, Hurley and if he's playing on a wing, Heppell can do. Not that he should be coming in for Hurley, Heppell or Francis, it's just a way of highlighting his versatility.

If there was one role for Mitch Brown, you know, AFL standard third tall defender/interceptor...of course the problem with that would be that Gown would be given the keys to the forward line in the VFL and we couldn't possibly risk him coming good.

We ARE Essendon!!!

Last edited:
So it looks like Ridley is now going to play KPD, probably as cover for injuries.

Only Essendon, it's not just Worsfold, this sort of rubbish has been happening at least since 2013, when I started following it carefully, could find a way to exclude one of its brightest assets from a team, that on merit of performance he is a top 10 member of, for list balance.

He is capable of doing any job on an AFL field Guelif, Francis, Hurley and if he's playing on a wing, Heppell can do. Not that he should be coming in for Hurley, Heppell or Francis, it's just a way of highlighting his versatility.

If there was one role for Mitch Brown, you know, AFL standard third tall defender/interceptor...of course the problem with that would be that Gown would be given the keys to the forward line in the VFL and we couldn't possibly risk him coming good.

We ARE Essendon!!!

couldn't be worse than playing david myers as a key defender for a few years now, could it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We ARE Essendon!!!
He should be in the team, 100%
But top 10 player... **** me.

That was out of necessity if I recall correctly.

We've got half a list of tall defenders. Only one of them is now unfit.
Two; Hooker and BZT.

What more can you go on? He was one of our best across both JLT games and actually had half a crack against Giants (unlike 15 or so others).
What else can we base it on? The hundreds of games of football most have played at a much higher level, in particular last season, perhaps?
To say he was in our best 10 for that 1 game he played this year, and quite stiff to miss out is a fair and reasonable observation. To say he's in the top 10 players on our list, based on that game, and excluding all others, is a whole lot of mayo.

What else can we base it on? The hundreds of games of football most have played at a much higher level, in particular last season, perhaps?
To say he was in our best 10 for that 1 game he played this year, and quite stiff to miss out is a fair and reasonable observation. To say he's in the top 10 players on our list, based on that game, and excluding all others, is a whole lot of mayo.

Maybe I misread something - he’s not top 10 list wise, but including JLT, he’d be top 10 form wise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back