AFL Autopsy Praccy: Geelong win by a couple and Ridley cops a quad - 01/03

Remove this Banner Ad

All in all I thought the signs were really positive. I thought a lot of the guys were actually comfortable with frontal pressure and used it to draw the man to hit team mates in space. Definitely an improvement on previous skittishness. I thought Parish's kicking was sharp and was proud he took defensive side of the stoppage on multiple occasions and held position. Unfortunately until we get more out of KPF and small forwards, having a functional midfield and defense isn't going to get us very far.

Our physical size is really starting to look like an AFL team now.

Worried about Wright. With the exception of two games, he's been absolutely missing since returning from injury. I think he's currently not in our best side.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay and they interviewed the coaches at the start... apparently Brad and Chris arrived at the game in the same car?

comedy roxbury GIF

Goldy was immense especially in the first half

DP3 and Zerrett were great. Gresh was a class above all other small forwards.

Buckets McKay did well. Reidy stood tall and used it well when needed.

Duurs was very good. Just always under pressure or had no one to kick to when he had the ball.

Guelf. Cox. Perks. Lav all pretty shocking.

Can't play Hepp or J.Kelly.

Would play Goldy round 1 until Drapes is 100%. Would play Shiel if 100% as Zach and Martin might need to fill Riddler's spot

Goldy was immense especially in the first half

DP3 and Zerrett were great. Gresh was a class above all other small forwards.

Buckets McKay did well. Reidy stood tall and used it well when needed.

Duurs was very good. Just always under pressure or had no one to kick to when he had the ball.

Guelf. Cox. Perks. Lav all pretty shocking.

Can't play Hepp or J.Kelly.

Would play Goldy round 1 until Drapes is 100%. Would play Shiel if 100% as Zach and Martin might need to fill Riddler's spot
That's a bit extreme, I reckon. Lav was s**t, but Guelf did okay as did Perkins, and I thoughts Cox was actually decent.

You’re picking shiel r1 after no match play this pre season?
He needs 2-3 weeks in the vfl
No one comment unless theyre inide the 4 walls

If hes fit and can get some minor match play this weekend for even a half then yeh i would have to strongly consider it

but a huge amount of variable that none of us are privvy too

Its been done plenty of times before though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back