AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Wins Yiooken in first game back - 25/5

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a bit of chook lotto about it, but I don't think the Shaw bump was deserving of a sanction personally. It's an unfortunate outcome for Townsend but the nature of the game means that sometimes even legal actions will cause injury.
I think it should have been a free kick. Ridley on the other hand was the same bump that scrubbed out Langford got a week.

Just be ****ing consistent and everyone will be happy

I think it should have been a free kick. Ridley on the other hand was the same bump that scrubbed out Langford got a week.

Just be ******* consistent and everyone will be happy

If Taranto had collected Ridley high, he would likely have been suspended.

He didn't though, so he wasn't.

Ridley copped a hard but fair bump to the ribs in the process of contesting the ball.

I'm not sure what people want here?

If Taranto had collected Ridley high, he would likely have been suspended.

He didn't though, so he wasn't.

Ridley copped a hard but fair bump to the ribs in the process of contesting the ball.

I'm not sure what people want here?
Taranto and Shaw to be suspended for legal acts of play.

Taranto and Shaw to be suspended for legal acts of play.

Exactly, it's unfortunate that Shaw took Townsend high, but there's nothing suspension worthy about it. Taranto didn't even get Ridley high, so how can he be suspended for a high bump?

There's been some poor umpiring this season, and some bizarre outcomes from the MRP, but these two aren't it.

Exactly, it's unfortunate that Shaw took Townsend high, but there's nothing suspension worthy about it. Taranto didn't even get Ridley high, so how can he be suspended for a high bump?

There's been some poor umpiring this season, and some bizarre outcomes from the MRP, but these two aren't it.
Shaw had literally no other way of playing the ball and Townsend caused the high contact. You explained the Taranto thing perfectly.

The two were unlucky, but that's it.
One can argue Merrett was suspended for a legal act of play because of the damage, but it is what it is
Merrett punched him and broke his ribs. It wasn't a legal act of play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't reckon his arm hits Ridley high? I don't think a suspension is warranted but it's pretty clear at least his arm got him high.
I don't really trust still images on angles like that. My reaction was that Ridley was turning his body to not get hit in the head.

You don't reckon his arm hits Ridley high? I don't think a suspension is warranted but it's pretty clear at least his arm got him high.

I don't really trust still images on angles like that. My reaction was that Ridley was turning his body to not get hit in the head.

Ridley only really reacted to body contact, not head high contact.

There might have been some incidental contact from the arm but Ridley's reaction suggests it wasn't firm enough for him to particularly notice.

Shaw had literally no other way of playing the ball and Townsend caused the high contact. You explained the Taranto thing perfectly.

The two were unlucky, but that's it.

Merrett punched him and broke his ribs. It wasn't a legal act of play.
Punching someone has never been legal.
Maybe my memory is clouded, but his type of action happens almost every game. It wasn't a gut punch or anything like that. If it landed on his arm, it wouldn't have been reported. I think they may have specifically referenced the damage caused for that exact reason. I don't remember that punch much anymore so I could be completely wrong. Can't be bothered looking it up right now.

Maybe my memory is clouded, but his type of action happens almost every game. It wasn't a gut punch or anything like that. If it landed on his arm, it wouldn't have been reported. I think they may have specifically referenced the damage caused for that exact reason. I don't remember that punch much anymore so I could be completely wrong. Can't be bothered looking it up right now.
It was a closed fist swung at his body. It's a punch, it happens a million times a game and he only got punished because of the damage. But it was still a punch, which is not legal.

If they are saying potentially playing against st Kilda, then he is definitely not playing against Gold Coast.
Ya this is weird. Not ruled out of Round 11 but "potentially" playing in Round 12 🤔🤔🤔

Breakout star Jordan Ridley will be managed conservatively with the club’s medical department still yet to make a call on his availability for the round 11 clash.

“Jordan sustained a heavy knock late in the game (on Friday). We took a conservative approach with him and he didn’t return to play. Given the short turnaround this week we’ll continue to be conservative with him with the view to potentially play him for the St Kilda game,” Rundle said.

“The decision on whether he plays this Wednesday or not is yet to be made."

I'd be shocked if he played tomorrow.
Pretty sure Woosha said yesterday that he was available, now they're like 'no but maybe'. 🥴 I wouldn't have expected him either but maybe they're just trying to screw up any opposition analysts that... rely on club websites for news? 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Back