AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those that don't know, there's often a link between knee and quadricep injuries.

Another tick for our fitness staff.

See you in 2024, Jordan.
And often there is not as well. I get tight quads due to back issues.

were you drinking with your sister ( that you had to pick up from the airport)
No. I was drinking at the footy club after we won yesterday.

Good to see someone on the winners list.
It's been 10 rounds between drinks for them, close to 2 years since I've seen a seniors win too...

For those that don't know, there's often a link between knee and quadricep injuries.

Another tick for our fitness staff.

See you in 2024, Jordan.

Looked to me like it was the quad on the leg without the strapped knee. Perhaps he’s favouring it and that’s lead to some changes in load etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what’s the worry is how it’ll effect his confidence with kicking. something as innocuous as that happening might be a worry for him
Imo he is not that confidence sort of player. The way he bounced back from concussion, played through injury and his consistent level of performance. He just gets on with it. I don’t think it will be in the back of his mind.

Imo he is not that confidence sort of player. The way he bounced back from concussion, played through injury and his consistent level of performance. He just gets on with it. I don’t think it will be in the back of his mind.
fingers crossed, he's too important to go missing
Was not innocuous
looked it to me, i suppose

High grade quad strain, unlikely to return before the last H&A game
Out for 'several weeks'. So season done, I reckon.
Edit: 4 - 6, so definitely done:(

Essendon defender Jordan Ridley will be sidelined for several weeks with a high-grade quad strain.

Ridley suffered the strain in the last quarter on Friday night and scan results this morning revealed the extent of the injury.

GM of Performance Daniel McPherson said the club remain hopeful Ridley will play a role in the Bombers end to the season.

“The scan results have revealed Jordan suffered a high-grade quad strain in a kicking action on Friday night and will be sidelined for the next few weeks. It’s disappointing for Rids who has been one of our most consistent players this season,” McPherson said.

“We’ll get a more accurate sense of his potential return to play timeline in the next week or so, but at this early stage we believe he is unlikely to play before the last round of the home and away season.”

The club will continue to provide updates as his rehabilitation progresses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back