AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen a few comments about moving Ridley away from the role he is playing.

Can we not be happy with what he does so exceptionally well ? If he continues on the trajectory he has been on the last 24 months, he could very well end up a multiple All Australian such is the quality I see in him.
You keep saying you want a matchwinner.

Jordan Ridley floating loose is exactly that. Stop celebrating mediocrity and let him off his chain so he can become the player he was meant to be.

Now listed as 3-4 weeks

Expected to return for the start of pre-season
I wonder if he talked his mate Ben McKay into going to Arizona with him 🤔

We need to utilise his kicking more, he is arguably the best field kick in our team.
200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, Ridley is so good by foot you could mount the argument he is the best kick.

I still think Zach shades him a little, but one thing is for sure, Zach can get ball to boot so fast and hit targets. Ridley needs more time.

I am certainly much happier when the ball is in the hands of Merrett/Ridley/Redman/Langford/Martin.

To be fair, Ridley is so good by foot you could mount the argument he is the best kick.

I still think Zach shades him a little, but one thing is for sure, Zach can get ball to boot so fast and hit targets. Ridley needs more time.

I am certainly much happier when the ball is in the hands of Merrett/Ridley/Redman/Langford/Martin.
it’s a null comparison imo, they play different positions, use the ball differently & get the ball differently. i think defensively speaking ridley is our best ball user (he goes at like 90% disposal efficiency or something) off the back of intercept marks and what not off of opposition entries, and while i think he does take dangerous or difficult options when kicking & generally hits targets, he does them exiting d50 whereas merret makes them entering into f50

it’s a null comparison imo, they play different positions, use the ball differently & get the ball differently. i think defensively speaking ridley is our best ball user (he goes at like 90% disposal efficiency or something) off the back of intercept marks and what not off of opposition entries, and while i think he does take dangerous or difficult options when kicking & generally hits targets, he does them exiting d50 whereas merret makes them entering into f50
Agreed it’s difficult to compare, I’m simply saying I think it was fair to say Ridley is arguably our best kick.

I did say arguably! Definitely in our defensive third where we desperately need it given some of the shank kicks we have down there. His decision making and ability to hit targets 50m+ away gives him an edge here too.

Ridley still has the occasional shocker though. Mostly by overkicking somebody.

2022: We signed Kelly so Ridley can play his natural position and Stewart, Reid got injured
2023: We signed McKay so Ridley can play his natural position and delisted Stewart, Reid still injured, trading out Zerk-Thatcher
2024: We signed ..... so Ridley can play his natural position etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back